1963 Studebaker Avanti partially restored
Price: US $18,000.00 Item location: Glendale, California, United States
- Make: Studebaker
- Model: Avanti
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 85,358
- VIN: 63R1247
- Color: Silver
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Studebaker AvantiCheck out this nice 1963 Studebaker Avanti that has been partially restored.
It was bought about 1975 from a wrecking yard without an engine, transmission and many other parts. There is a folder available with resources and receipts for the work that has been done over the decades since the acquisition.
- Mileage: 85358 miles. Most of the miles occurred prior to the consignment to the wrecking yard. Maybe 200 miles since in all.
- Engine: Chevy 4-bolt 350. Casting number 6268751 on the intake indicates a 350 engine that came out of a 1972 Camaro or 1972 Corvette. The engine was installed with new pistons and new rings.
- Transmission: GM Turbo 375
- Licensing: It has been registered as non-operative in California at least since 2007.
- Storage: It has been in the driveway with a car cover that has been replaced every few years.
- There is an electrical short to right rear tail light so the battery has been disconnected.
- Needs power steering, power brakes and windshield wiper blades and heads.
- Needs air conditioning (we know of a place that will do this)
- Tires were once new, but need inflation and/or replacement.
- Wheels don't match, but wheels and hubcaps are a personal preference. There are a set of Avanti wheel caps in excellent condition, stored separately from the car.
- Rear positraction-limited slip differential ratio = 3.08. Has new factory parts.
- Front suspension was completely changed to Chevy Camaro
- Valve covers should be replaced as current ones are rusted
- Uses premium fuel
- Dash has aftermarket cassette/radio player installed
- Has new leather seats, bucket in front.
- New carpet (gray)
- New black headliner
- Some assorted trim and replacement parts available.
- Entire car body was block sanded and the silver paint color used was originally formulated for Mercedes-McLaren.
Some of the photos were taken in the last month. Other photos were taken years ago.
This car is being sold "as is". No warranty is implied. Buyer assumes all responsibility for pickup, towing and shipping.
Payment method must be approved prior to making an offer and if not cash, total payment must clear before vehicle and title are released. No exceptions.
Please feel free to ask any questions you like before you make an offer.
Thank you for your interest and have a great eBay day!