1959 Studebaker Silver Hawk Red - Show Winner, Concourse Restoration
Price: US $10,101.00 Item location: San Diego, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Studebaker
- Model: Silver Hawk
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 88,000
- VIN: 59V6160
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 259 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Cream
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Studebaker Silver HawkUp for sale is my 1959 Studebaker Silver Hawk. Her name is "Rosie".
This car was restored in the Summer of 2011 and has only been driven occasionally since the complete restoration (less than 1,000 miles of travel). The odometer accurately shows slightly over 88,000 miles.
The quality of the restoration, body work, paint, and interior is second-to-none. There was no expense spared in the completion of this vehicle. Here are some of the details:
- Paint stripped to metal, body worked and painted Ferrari Rosa-Corsa Red (PPG Paint)
- Color sanded and buffed to a SHOW QUALITY shine
- Engine removed and completely rebuilt and resealed (ORIGINAL MOTOR)
- Transmission and differential rebuilt and resealed
- All brakes and linkage replaced and serviced
- Interior restored with genuine leather hide all the way around. Not shown in the photos, the steering wheel has been wrapped in the same leather and French stitched in black thread.
- Radio and electronics restored (all in working order)
- Wheels are 15" McClean wire wheels with Coker radial tires
- All chrome replated or replaced - Show quality
- Headlights replaced with modern HID bulbs and ballasts
- Concealed modern radio in dashboard with FM/AM and Auxiliary Input
The car was featured on the cover of Turning Wheels magazine in September 2011 and had an article written about it. Rosie turns heads everywhere she goes and receives compliments from many people.
I have receipts and paperwork from the restoration and the car has a clear California title. She also has a set of period correct yellow California license plates.
As much as I want to keep her I do not drive the car often enough and need space for another project that I'm completing. I want her to go to a good home and I am more than happy to stay in touch with the buyer if they ever have any questions or decide to sell the car in the future.
Here are some of small issues with the car:
- There are two small scratches that were touched up on the fender (not noticeable and not very deep)
- There is a minor touch up from a chip on the hood
- The car has a mechanical fuel pump so it takes a few seconds to start on a cold crank
- The fuel gauge does not work due to a break somewhere in the single wire coming from the sender unit
- The windshield wiper switch is bad and doesn't always work
- THAT IS ALL! No other issues, problems with the car in any way shape or form.
Please ask if you have any questions about the car. It is located in San Diego, CA. Buyer pays shipping. $500 deposit required at auction completion.
1959 Studebaker Silver Hawk for Sale - YouTube
Video will open in a new window[isdntekvideo]