1947 Studebaker M5 Truck - Customized
- Condition: New
- Make: Studebaker
- SubModel: M5
- Type: Pickup
- Trim: 2-Door Truck
- Year: 1947
- Mileage: 60,144
- VIN: N/A
- Color: Light Grey
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black/White/Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1947 Studebaker M5This is a 1947 Studebaker M5 Pickup Truck - Customized - privately reconstructed/restored. It was fully reconstructed approximately 10-11 years ago: cabin was taken off frame and both frame and cabin were sandblasted. Every single bolt, ut, ose, nd washer is brand new. It is not a 'back-to-original' reconstruction, owever. We put in a Studebaker V8 w/four-barrel Holley carburetor, tudebaker automatic transmission, 2V alternator system, ual exhaust, nd power steering! The frame was slightly modified by welding in supports for the V8 engine and transmission mounts. The original odometer was not touched...it still shows the original 60,144 miles prior to the full reconstruction.
The interior design/headliner is NOT stock Studebaker. The headliner, ick panels, nd door panels were made by us... it was quite the adventure building the headliner from scratch...but we like it and are pleased with the results! Although overtime some of the fabric glue has come loose a little bit...The seats are from another vehicle. We also put in some cabin thermal insulation/noise barrier. The rear bumper is not Studebaker...we had difficulty finding one, o instead we chose to put a Ford-like rear bumper on it. It fits quite well...although the driver side of the bumper is a little lower than the passenger side.
We kept the original-sized radiator...however, o make sure that the Studebaker V8 doesn't overheat, e added an electric fan in the front of the radiator...this fan turns on as-needed, ontrolled by a sensor embedded within the radiator fins.
All the instrumentation gauges work, lthough we never put in more than a few gallons of gasoline...so we are not 100% sure how accurate the fuel gauge is.
The engine is strong and runs extremely well! The carburetor was rebuilt and fine-tuned last year.
After this Studebaker was reconstructed, t was put into storage...where it's been sitting for the last 10-11 years. We did take it out every season and drove it around the property, ut please understand that it never touched road!!This means that we do not know how this vehicle would behave/handle on the roads! We make no guarantees of operational capabilities!We would recommend to the potential Buyer to take it easy with this Studebaker.... slowly 'brake-in' this Studebaker.....take it for a 10 minute drive first...then next time for a 15 minute drive...etc..etc..
Here are the issues that we are currently aware of (see photos and video):
BEFORE BIDDING, LEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
- No Delivery! Buyer is solely responsible for removing this Vehicle off the premises!
- Buyer required to sign with us a Bill of Sale Document, hich outlines terms and conditions (Vehicle sold 'as-is', o returns, o refunds, tc...)
- Vehicle is located in South Bend, N 46613
- Does NOT come with a battery. Recommended battery size group: 75DT
- $500 security deposit (non-refundable) required within 48 hours of auction close.
- No dealers/dealerships, tc...!! We would like to sell this Stude truck to another private Studebaker enthusiast!
- Please only bid of you have the financial resources and transportation resources to haul away this Studebaker truck....we do NOT recommend driving this truck on the highways...due to the reasons mentioned above...recommend a trailer or something similar.
- We expect the Buyer to be SERIOUS and act swiftly and be professional/courteous/respectful! We will NOT hold the truck for 'months' or wait 'months' for payment...If you win the Bid, hen we expect full communication, ayment, nd removal of this truck in less than a few weeks! Any payments tendered are NOT refundable!
- Any scam, raud, on-communication, on-payment, r any other un-professional behavior will not be tolerated.... such conduct will result in eBay being promptly contacted.
See the video below for a full description + drive demonstration of our 1947 Studebaker M5 Pickup truck!
Please only bid if you are serious about purchasing this Vehicle and indeed you have the financial resources and you can transport this Vehicle off the premises. Failure to make payment and failure to remove the Vehicle within reasonable time frame (1 - 2 weeks) will result in us notifying eBay and re-listing the Vehicle. We expect the Buyer to be professional and courteous...responding to communication (e-mails, essages, oice, tc...) promptly and having a sense of urgency (getting things done). We will not 'hold' the Vehicle for the Buyer for weeks or months on end! Anyunprofessional behavior and/or scamming schemes will not be tolerated!
We have done our best to accurately describe this Vehicle. Please keep your expectations to reality...you are bidding on a 68-year-old reconstructed Vehicle! It doesn't run on dragon wishes and it won't give birth to unicorns!
Q: Does the hood close down properly ? In the photos....it looks like the hood is not closed down...
A: Yes it does...in the photos the hood was not fully seated/closed down.