1965 Studebaker Cruiser Thunderbolt V8 Engine
Price: US $999.00 Item location: Belt, Montana, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Studebaker
- Model: Cruiser
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 78,753
- VIN: C5II060
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 4.6L 4638CC 283Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Studebaker CruiserThis is a very nice old 1965 Studebaker Cruiser in running condition. This model year was manufactured in Canada during the last years of Studebaker production. Fewer than 20,000 Studebakers were built in 1965.It has the powerhouse Thunderbolt V8 283ci engine from Chevrolet. This car was most likely originally purchased in Eastern Montana or Western North Dakota and has spent most if not all of it's time in that area so there is not much of a rust issue on the body. The trunk does have a few small holes from rust decay but the floor pans are clean. The mileage on the odometer is 78,753. I cannot verify that this is the actual mileage. I purchased this car as a project for restoration and I have completed some of the work but I have decided that I need to focus on some older projects first. It has a 3 speed column transmission with overdrive and air shocks and a Borg Warner clutch. Original AM/FM radio. Seats have been professionally re-upholstered at some time prior to my purchase of it so they are in good shape but there is a button missing in the front bench seat and a small tear in the rear bench seat. All glass is good in this car. Recent work on this vehicle includes:
- Brake maintenance
- New hoses and belts
- New gas tank and fuel line
- New battery
- New carpeting
- Almost new tires
- Exhaust issue (manifold to exhaust pipe)
- Dent in drivers side rear door (new replacement door included with car)
- Has a few dings, dents or wrinkles in some of the chrome trim.
- Has scratches down the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Trunk lock is broken (trunk does close and can be opened)
- Missing one hubcap.
- Front hood ornament broken.
- Chrome horn ring on steering wheel is broken (horn works)..
- Small rust holes in trunk. (Could be fixed with sheet metal).
- Rust holes in battery holder area of engine (should be replaced for safety).
- One of the small license plate lights on rear is broken.
- Door panel carpeting needs cleaning or replacing (dirty).
This vehicle isdrivable as is but I have not road tested it over any appreciable distance. This car is a good candidate for total restoration. This vehicle is sold AS IS and does not come with any expressed or implied warranty. Buyer is responsible for arranging and paying for any transport. Any potential buyer who wishes to come and view the car is welcome to contact me to arrange a visit. If you have questions or would like a picture of any specific parts of the car please don't hesitate to ask me. I will do my best to answer any and all questions.