1939 Studebaker Commander *MINT*
Price: US $11,100.00 Item location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Studebaker
- SubModel: Sedan
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1939
- Mileage: 6,362
- VIN: 4148087
- Color: Coleen Green Light and Coleen Green Dark
- Engine size: V-8 Studebaker 1964
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1939 Studebaker SedanYou are viewing a very special carwith a rich history. This car since its restore has been owned by 3 people and has 6,364 miles on it ...truly is a gem. Here is the back story on it:
When you track down your grandfather's old Studebaker - the car on which he taught you to drive - it's only natural that you put it back on the road, even if that means updating the drivetrain, as did the seller of this 1939 Studebaker Commander for sale on Hemmings.com. From the sell's description:
My grandfather was a Studebaker dealer from 1920 to 1960, and sold this car new in 1939. The owners traded it for a new 1951 Studebaker, and my Grandfather decided to drive it as his own from that then on! When I was 11 years old he taught me how to drive this car. While I was in the Air Force, the car got away from the family. I always kept an eye out for it though.
I located the car in 2000 and proceeded to complete a body-off restoration withtasteful updates. I wanted a car that could travel coast to coast with ease and comfort. To accomplish that I installed a completely rebuilt Studebaker V-8 engine from 1964, a new TH350 automatic transmission and aGoodmorning baby rear axle. The interior is all new with more updates. Although the dash is restored to like new condition, Dakota Digtalgauges are discreetly placed between the sun visors foraccurate engine monitoring. Leatherpower front seats are by Lear of Canada, with the balance of the Stude interior done in matching fabrics.
The colors are from the 1939 Studebaker colorcyhart, page 3; combination colors. Studebaker suggested lighter color bodies and dark fenders. this is Coleen Green Light and Coleen Green Dark. The paint is acrylic enamelwhich is easy to clean andholds super deepshine from one year to the next!
Also included in the sale will be a new spare fuel pump, water pump,complete distributer and an umbrella that can be attached to the truck when open for shade at car shows!
Notes from current owners:
We purchased this car on 11/18/2014 and have only putapproximately 1700 miles on it of the 6364. We kept it in a garage the entire time and it runs like a kitten. When you look at this car you can tell that someone put their heart and soul into the restoration. Here are some of the extras on this car:
- Digital Guage for accurate engine readings-Cruise Control forlong trips-Original Studebaker AC/Heat unit- Power leather seat with front seats belts (no seats belts in the back) Lear of Canada- Fireextinguisher- Spare tire- Undercoated hood- CD/FM radio player with speakers- Fully function wipers, headlights, turnsignals, tail/brake lights andinterior lights- Rebuilt V-8 Studebaker engine from 1967 (puts like a kitten)- New TH350 automatic transmission-GM rear axle- New car battery-OriginalOwners Manual- Car Cover- Umbrella and stand- Automatic Transmission
If you have any question please feel free to email me. I have plenty of pictures and will send you them. his car is AWESOME!