1956 Studebaker PowerHawk Street Rod
- Condition: Used
- Make: Studebaker
- Model: PowerHawk
- Trim: Coupe
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 109,000
- VIN: 8849746
- Color: Black
- Engine size: Small Block Chev
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black and White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 Studebaker PowerHawk
You are bidding on my 1956 PowerHawk, nly 7095 were built. I have owned this car since 1986, am the third owner and it originally came from Portland OR. Was black with a snow cap and red and white interior. Car has 109000 original miles with only about 7700 since 1990 and about 1500 Since new powertrain.
This car has been a frame off restoration but has been done in stages, nd has been a labor of love since I purchased the car. A hot rod is never finished and even now still needs some minor things. I’ll list them first.
THINGS THAT STILL TLC
Now all the good things that are done.
1. Ford 9” with 3.89 trac-lok 28-spline axles, rum brakes, ll new bearings. Complete Cal-Tracs rear suspension with split mono-leaf.
2. Turbo 700R4- trans-Stage 11 shift kit. B&M pro-stick shifter. One piece custom drive shaft. TCS 2200 Stall converter with Lock up.
3. Complete GM wiring harness.
4. 355 SBC- 10:1 compression, ully balanced and blueprinted high nickel block, yper Utectic pistons, orged crank, ouble roller timing chain. 2.02/ 1.6 valves, orted, olished. Large tube headman headers 3” collector full 3” exhaust with balance tube, nd Flo-Pro mufflers.
5 This motor Produced REAR WHEEL dyno’d at 298HP Or 355HP at crank.
1. Shaved door handles with remote openers
2. Power trunk release
3. LED front turn signals
I have the original turn signals, ost of the chrome and lots of other original parts. I did not make any major body or interior changes to the car so it looks relatively stock and can be pretty much put back to original if wanted. Except for frame and brake pedal (Hidden items)
I have well over $30 000.00 invested plus countless hours of work. This is not a show only car but a great and unique cruiser. I receive lots of looks and compliments on this car.
Happy bidding, lease don’t bid unless you are serious. Buyer can arrange shipping, ’ll help anyway I can.