Shelby Cobra, Faster than Ferrari, Lamborghini, Demon, Corvette, Mustang
- Make: Shelby
- Model: Cobra
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 4,200
- VIN: 091619909161068NE
- Color: Orange
- Engine size: 460 stroked to a 557
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Shelby Cobra
Currently the best deal on ebay!
No need for you to look any further, youâ€™ve found the ULTIMATE 2009 replica COBRA! From the ground up, this is indeed another-worldlycustom-built Cobra. No expense was spared and no detail was overlooked. This â€˜Custom 557â€™ Cobra is anE-ticket rideâ€¦ extraordinaire!It was built for one objective, and one objective only: to provide the driverthe most breathtaking adventurehe/she has ever experienced with any performance car. From behind the wheel of thisblistering-fastbeauty, any motorway, byway, beltway or boulevard isThunder Road.This â€˜Custom 557â€™ Cobra has been scaled and balanced and boasts serious acceleration for when you want to go fast, and the suspension it must have in order to tame the turns and take the corners hard as possible. This little road rocket truly offers the mostbreathtaking, wind-in-your-facethrills youâ€™ll ever have in a sports car! Brian Wilson perhaps phrased it perfectly: â€œIf she had a set of wings, man I know she could fly!â€œ
If youâ€™d like to experience the euphoria of being hurled from a carrier deck with a steam catapult, just punch your foot into the pedal of this 557 drivinâ€™ machine and youâ€™ll find out!
Outfitted with the FAST-revving 557 cid/830hp BIG-block Ford stroker V8 you see below, this take-no-prisoners Coppertone Cobra ratchets up the original Shelby serpentâ€™s 1960s nickname â€˜Jet-engine-on-a rollerskate.
The block is a 460cid Ford big-block stroked to a 557cid. The heads are Trick Flow 460A racing headsâ€”polished aluminum. Custom cam designed by a top engineer from Comp Cams [Bill Peckâ€”same fine chap who painted the car]. Every step of this engine build was executed by experienced professional craftsmen; the result is the fastest-accelerating and meanest-sounding V8 powerplant ever.
- computer-controlled fuel injection
- Precision Metalcraftcustom precision intake
- Trick Flow A-460polished heads
- custom fuel delivery system pre- and post- filters, with 1,000hp in-lineMagnafuel pump
- Innovators Westcustom valve covers
- Cooling Department:
- Radiator is a high-capacity aluminum unit fromJEGS; itâ€™s cooled very effectively with a high-outputFlex-a-litepuller-mounted electric fan (fromJEGSas well), which pulls 3,500cfm. Bottom line: this serpentâ€™s engine runs anywhere from 150Â°â€“180Â° in any weather, at any ambient temperature and in any traffic situation.
- Lakewoodbulletproof/shatterproof bellhousing
- Tremec TKO6005-speed manual transmission [5th gear is 0.82-ratio overdrive]
- 3.23:1 ratioFord(Posi) rear end
The certifiably robustMidstateschassis is structurally reinforced in the frame and doors to further reduce flex and maximize rigidity.
- Wilwood4-wheel disc brakes and cross-drilled rotors
- AFCOadjustable coil-over gas shocks
- rich, attractive custom-crafted carbon fiber dash
- custom camel-colored steerhide upholstery [seats, doors, trunk, and rear panel]
- Moto-Litahardwood-rimmed steering wheel
- Auto Meter â€˜Street Rod Seriesâ€™gauges (selected in large part for their high-contrast, easy-to-readArctic Whitebackground)
- electrical system cutoff switch
- Kirkeyaluminum-chassis racing seats [adjustable drivers seat ]
- Safety Racing5-point racing harnesses
- chromed fire extinguisher [mounted under dash]
- Billet Specialtieswheels (custom ceramic coated)
- Michelin Pilot Super SportZ-rated tires [295/30Ã—18â€³front; 335/30Ã—19â€³rear]
- ALL of the tires are 40% wider than a normalShell Valley/Mid-StatesCobra. We selected (i.e.,upgraded) them because of thephenomenalHP/torque the motor produces.
Thereâ€™s abundant structural buttressing to handle that thunder-generator powerplant: the excellentMidstateschassis has been strategically reinforced to provide extra strength and rigidity to virtuallyeliminateflex during acceleration and cornering.
TheShell Valleybody was sculpted into place while investing hundreds of hours making certain the coachwork and paint was absolutely perfect. Everything from the carbon-fiber dash, custom-crafted leather upholstery, powerplant, suspension, & paint was carefully scrutinized to ensure this would be aone-of-a-kindCobra and aone-of-a-kinddriving experience. That is to say, no one will be pulling up alongside you with a cookie-cutter Cobra just like yoursâ€¦.
Over $125,000 was invested as a â€œlabor of loveâ€ to build and possess this dream drivinâ€™ machine; it has since been appraised at $80,000.
This car is a HEAD TURNER! If you don't like attention this is not the car for you! Car is a crowd favorite at car shows. Happy bidding!
Any questions about the car feel free to reach me at 434-851-4313. The car is currently registered and titled in Virginia. The Vin# that is listed is correct.
I also reserve the right to end the auction early if car sells locally.