1965 daytona coupe replica factory five racing GEN 2 Shelby Cobra
- Condition: Used
- Make: Replica/Kit Makes
- Model: Type 65
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Daytona
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 4,320
- VIN: 12345678
- Color: Silver with black stipe and red pin stripe
- Engine size: V8 EFI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Heater, Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 5 speed manual
- Interior color: Black & Red Leather
- Options: Blue tooth, Keyless entry alarm, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Replica/Kit Makes Type 65
There are several of Daytona Coupe Kits to choose from, nd thousands of choices you can make for your final product. In building one of these kits, ecision is by far one of the hardest things to overcome. What products to choose, hich color to paint, hat engine to use; and these are just a few. As with any Daytona replicas out there, t’s important to build one that not only is constructed from great parts, ut also that the sums of its parts add up to quality. From experience, t’s easier to buy a kit that is finished rather than build it yourself; especially when it comes to one of these kits and for many reasons. With time you will know if the kit was build right, arts come loose if they were not properly installed, he body changes shape from the heat beaming down on it, he paint becomes blurry from poor prep, ou hear noises coming from everywhere and these are only a few of the many reason why it makes sense to buy a kit that has already been put through all of this. This replica kit has been road worthy for 4 years with the dependability that it will last an eternity.
What you are bidding on is a Factory Five Racing Type 65 Coupe, ne of the few car kit manufactures that actually know what they are doing and one of the only manufactures that builds their kits from the ground up, tarting from their chassis. Factory Five Racing has perfected the art of their kits; they’ve been in business for 20 years. They not only specialize in Coupes, hey have a whole line up of replica kits (427 Cobra’s Roadster, 3 Hotrods, TM Supercar, 18 racer, rack cars). This simply confirms that this is a company knows what they are doing and will continue for many years to come.
About the car.
This is a SB-100 titled vehicle originally registered in California as a 1965 Daytona Coupe Replica. (this means youwont have to go through the rigorousCalifornia inspection).It was finished in 2011 and has a little over 4000 miles on it. I am the second owner and it is now titled and registered in Florida. The original owner spent about $60k to finish the build. We have spent another $16,000 I various upgrades. So in total this car has about $76,000 of parts and labor into it; and it shows.
The interior: A lot of attention went into the interior. Inside you will find a twist of modernism. Clean instrument panel wrapped on carbon fiber and leather for an elegant and sporty look.Carefully laid black leather with carbon fiver upper panel in the tunnel gives this Coupe uniqueness. The seats are two tone; with black and screaming red leather. The T5 transmission is manhandled by Gordon Levy Mid-shift kit. The steering wheel is wrapped in leather and it has the proper volume that allows your hands to fully grip to give you confidence when turning. You can keep your eye on rear traffic simply by looking to the center of the counsel. There is a rear view camera that is displayed in the dash-mounted GPS system. Now you can cruise even on those cold nights without worry; just crank the heater and enjoy the ride. If summer is your thing, ow you don’t have to worry, ick back and blast the air conditioning and enjoy another season of winter inside the cabin.
Some more details about interior:
· Custom two tone leather (black and red) leather on Cobra Clubman (same as Street Performer) seats
· Custom dashboard with black leather top and a Carbon Fiber front
· Vintage style digital gauges with pull/push billet switches.
· Custom finished transmission tunnel with leather on each side, arbon Fiber top, up holder and compartment that holds the ISIS brain module.
· Excessive sound dampening and sound proofing (and heat insulating) throughout vehicle
· Black carpet with binding throughout
· Black suede headliner
· Wipers and Steering wheelwiper controls
The engine: The engine was recently maintained by a professional team, ll fluids were checked and replaced. Spark plugs were replaced, ap and rotor were also replaced.So what engine does it have you ask? A thirsty ford 302 EFI and ready for someone to put the pedal to the metal. This Coupe is loud enough for you to be noticed but yet subtle enoughfor people who just want to cruise while holding a conversation without interruption of the sound of the exhausts. For those of you who are wondering, his beast of an engine is typically seen in a 1993 ford Mustang 5.0L. It is brought to life by an MSD box with an MSD distributor and coil.
Some more details about the engine:
· It has an EFI donor engine (302). This Coupe was built to be an every day driver.
· Aluminum Radiator Cowl
·The engine was recently maintained by a professionally
· All fluids were checked andreplaced
· Spark-plugs were replaced and cap and rotor replaced
· Valve cover gaskets were replaced
· Header gaskets were replaced
·Clutch was replaced
· Rear end oil was replaced when we shortened the rear end to fit the new, assive, ide wheels..
Exterior: On this Classic Coupe the fiberglass is beautifully laid with immaculate prep that allows admiring the sating silver paint. Fit and finish are excellent, ell above the average Kit Car, nd all the details are correct, rom the sexy curves of the fenders to the classic look of the ceramic coated side pipes and LeMans-style filler cap. This Coupe has a touchof race to it. I wanted a look that could tie in the daily driving aspect of it but at the same time have the poise of a track-car on the streets. The sponsor logos are balanced so there is no too much going on, llowing anyone to admire the curves and sexy appeal this Coupe has. The black stripe and red pin stripe racing down one side scream out for attention and give this Coupe the final touch of finesse. Looking at this Coupe from the front is almost scary, rom the large racing numbers to the perfectly spaced security screws onthe cowls. This trulyallows you toappreciate the work and quality of materials used to put thisCobra together.
Some more details about the exterior:
· Miller Custom’s Body work and Paint Job - Silver with black stripe and red pin stripe
· Hood Rollers (basically roller blade wheels by the hood latch to prevent damage and for easy closing and opening of hood)
· The car is built from the 2nd generation body
·Vintage Lucas small footprint Rear Lights from Finishlineaccessories
· Three hood cowls with elegant security screws space evenly and straight for a racy look
· New upgraded glass rear hatch (these kits come with Lexy, he glass hatch makes a more slick and original design)
· Sliding windows
· All of the sponsor logos and decals you see are removable.
Shoes & Suspension: I suppose we could have gone with regular Hali-brand replica bolt on wheels, ut did Cinderella wear wood slipper to the bowl?That's why we decided to give this bad boy nothing but the best. An aggressive stand that can only be obtained by 18x8 pin drive wheels wrapped on 245x45x18on the front and18x11 pindrive wheelswrapped with 305x35x18on the rear.This Coupe it is elegantly sustained ona 3 link suspension with fully adjustable front and rear coil-overs.It’s the only way to ensure this Coupe handles properly with the grip these tires will provide.
Some more details about shoes and suspension:
· 3-Link Rear end
· Coil overs in all 4 corners
· Disk brakes in all 4 corners
· 18” Halibrand pin drive wheels (11" rear & 8" front) powder coated black with red pin stripes.
- P305/35R-18 Nittos on rear
- P245/45R-18 Nittos on front
Electrical: One of the most advanced electrical component you have seen on any coupe in the market. stating with the ISIS computer, hat controls all the electrical to include the key-less entry system and key-less engine start. GPS with integrated backup camera that activates when you hit reverse.
· ISIS brain module (This module provide power to all the electrical system and engine)
· ISIS bran module includes alarm and key-less entry system (Key-less system is the same as you see on expensive cars such as Mercedes & BMW.. In the brands just mentioned they are referred as the “comfort access”. What it does is that it allows you to deactivate the alarm and start the car without the key being in the ignition. That’s right; this car is equipped with the comfort access. All you need is to have the key in your pocket and the alarm will deactivate and the car will start with a pull of lever.)
· Parrot Bluetooth and iPod based stereo with speaker bump behind the seats (now you can listen to your tunes without taking the phone out of your pocket.
· Video and control screen for stereo is at bottom of dashboard
· GPS Navigation
· Rear view camera (lets be real, he coupes do not have the bet visibility when backing up. Their tails are high up making impossible to see what’s behind you. Well, o more second guessing. Now you can hit reverse and the camera will activate automatically, aking it easier to park and see anything behind you.
So in conclusion, s this Coupe flashy? Yeah, t's flashy. Will you get stopped by every woman and person imaginable? Yeah, ou will!! Will this be a problem with your wife? I would definitely think so. Will she let you go out alone on the Coupe on a Sunday drive to the beach? Most probably not!!! With this said, cannot be held responsible for your wife getting jealous and possibly divorcing you, o bid carefully.
Some of the highlights of the Coupe
Glass rear hatch
Speakers behind driver and passenger seats
Cowls with security screws
Binding all around the entire carpeting
Key-less entry (comfort access)
AC and Heater Controls & Blue tooth controls for your tunes
ISIS Master computer modules
State of California tags
Currently, e removed the logos from the Daytona and it looks like this. But at the purchasers request, e will have them placed back for no additional cost.