1964 AC Cobra 289 FIA ERA replica
- Make: Shelby
- Model: Cobra
- SubModel: AC 289 FIA
- Type: conv
- Trim: FIA
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 12,444
- VIN: era2019
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: v8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5 speed
- Drive type: rwd
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Shelby Cobra AC 289 FIA
1997 ERA 289 FIA Roadster –
- Constructed by ERA in 1997.
- 302 Boss Ford Racing motor – 340hp
- Cobra cast T-oil pan
- 4 Weber IDA carburetors
- TKO 500 5 speed transmission
- Four wheel disc brakes with SSBC calipers and braided lines
- Coil spring front and coil spring rear suspension with Jag IRS rear Powr-Lok
- Polyurethane suspension bushings
- PS Engineering true knock-off cast wheels in correct size and offset
- Goodyear “Billboard” period correct tires
- Roundels and stripes are painted on the car and are covered with the clearcoat. The yellow team stripes are decals and can be removed if desired.
- Functional fire suppression system with interior and engine bay nozzles
- Battery cut-off switch and rear-mounted battery as original on competition cars
- Correct gauges including Smiths chronometric tachometer
- Correct switches
- Wood rim Moto-Lita steering wheel
- Correct floor-mounted pedal box with “AC” cast pedals
- Top and tonneau are included
- Includes car cover
- Correct turn and taillight lenses
- Lucas Le Mans headlights
- Functional oil cooler with AN fittings
- Functional brake cooling ducts on front
- Le Mans filler cap with internal locking cap
- Fuel tank has internal hinged baffles
This car is a well-sorted ERA build from 1997 that has had two owners. I purchased the car from the previous owner who resided in Corona del Mar California and used the car for jaunts up and down the PCH. I have enjoyed the car for the past 5 years and my restoration business is rolling out alloy roadsters now so it is time to part with the FIA.
This car is docile enough to drive in traffic or around town cruising on a date night but potent enough for a spirited drive down a country lane and canyon road or a track day.
A great deal of effort was made to make sure that the details on this particular car were as correct as possible from the body fittings and badges to the gauges handbrake seats and pedal assembly. This car drives as good as it looks. It is ready to get in and go and has covered right at 12442 miles since its construction; ensuring that it is well-sorted and ready to go but not tired and in need of attention. This car is ready to go and will provide a rewarding driving experience rivaled only by the real thing! This car is often mistaken for the real thing and has won awards at every show it has competed in.
I am selling this car from my personal collection and am not a dealer… I have several contacts for both national and international shippers if needed. Inspections are encouraged and welcomed by appointment where the car is located in Louisville 40223. It’s been a real pleasure to own and drive thanks for looking!