1965 Factory Five Racing Shelby Cobra Replica
- Condition: Used
- Make: Shelby
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: SC
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: OR71808
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 5.0 HO
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Shelby1965 Factory Five Racing Shelby Cobra Replica
We purchased this car with a good friend as a partnership in 2000. We attended the builder workshop at Tri-State Motorsports in PA and ended up buying the car that was partly completed in that workshop. We transported it to Oregon City, R and completed the assembly here. It was purchased to compete as an autocross car. It won many events and received regional championships in 2002, 003 and 2004. It also won a national tour event in 2003. We started running a Corvette in 2005 and this car has only been driven approximately 200 street miles since then. We have not used and enjoyed the car after autocrossing like we thought we would. Nor do we think we will in the future. As a result, e have decided to sell it and let someone who will use it own it.
The car was built with some nice features:
- 1993 Mustang running gear. All of it is designed to work together. Fuel injected engine had only 8000 miles when installed.
- Adjustable height coil-over suspension at all 4 corners.
- Flaming River quick ratio manual steering rack and coupler.
- Replica Halibrand wheels.
- Powder coated frame
- Ceramic coated exhaust and rollbar
- Auto Meter Gauges
- The paint and body work was done professionally and looks beautiful
The car is a nice driver quality car. It still needs tinkering with though. Here are some items we know need to be done:
- Speedometer has never been hooked up. The cable goes to the back of the gauge but it needs an adapter to hook up to the Auto Meter gauge.
- The is an oil temperature gauge in the dash that is not hooked up.
- The ignition switch in the dash has not been hooked up. We use the ford unit mounted under the dash.
- The paint is really nice except for some chipping that has occurred from use (see photos). Many cars use a guard in front of the rear wheels to prevent this. Installing those now would cover the majority of the paint chips.
- The tires were bought new in 2000 and have only been used for the 200 street miles and remain in good condition but are old.
- The fuel is old and probably should be replaced, ut the car starts and runs fine on the old fuel.
- The engine has always turned over slowly when starting. We believe the starter motor is at fault, ut it should be checked out.
In 16 years of ownership, e have put less than 200 street miles on the car. I'm sure you will find other things that need doing on the car and it should be thoroughly checked out before driving it very far. Please bid accordingly.
We have just put in a new battery.
We took this car to a local car show once and it came back with a trophy.
The car is titled as a 1965 Shelby.
We also have the side louvers, nock off caps, arpet, eatherstripping and wood steering wheel.
Please message me with your phone number if you have questions or want to set up an inspection.
- Non refundable deposit of $200 due within 2 days of auction end. Payment in full within 3 days of auction end via wire transfer, ank check or cash. Funds have to clear our bank before release of car or title. Car needs to be removed within 2 weeks of the end of the auction. We will be happy deliver the car via trailer if you are local to us (within 200 miles) or work with your shipper.
- Please only bid if you have the funds and will complete the transaction. We want the car to go to someone who will enjoy the car, lease allow that to happen.
- Inspections are welcome during the bidding period. Inspections will not be permitted after the bidding period. Due to the nature of this car, est drives will not be permitted. We will be happy to start and warm up the car, emonstrate that it goes, teers, tops, tc. We will take interested bidders for a short ride to demonstrate the car if requested, eather permitting. We can put it up on the lift so the underside can be inspected thoroughly.
- By bidding on this car, ou agree that you are completely satisfied with the condition of the car and will have no recourse if the condition is found to be unsatisfactory after the purchase. Again, nspections are welcome during the bidding period. Please bid accordingly.
- Car is sold as-is, here-is with no warranties or guarantees expressed or implied. Please bid accordingly.