1987 Shelby CSX Shelby Shadow. Single Owner!
Price: US $2,450.00 Item location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Shelby
- Model: CSX
- Type: Hatchback
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 143,000
- VIN: 1B3BS44E3HN509645
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.2L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Shelby CSX1987 Shelby CSX, 611 of 750 made. Purchased new in February of 1988, ingle owner vehicle. About 143,000 miles. Garage kept since 1999, as kept outside before that. A lot of sellers may just say 'bring a trailer', ut I think potential buyers of a limited production vehicle should know the details, o here they are.
- Blown head gasket, ust happened recently.
- Transmission will not engage 5th gear. Unknown if it's internal, r needs new transmission mounts.
- Power steering fluid leak. Previous leak was going to require replacement ofentire rack, o leaking section was replaced with hydraulic hose. Unknown what current cause is.
- Heater core partially clogged. Just leave interior temp on RECIRC, t has a valve that bypasses heater core.
- A/C broke. Was always a problem, inally just took belt off
- Device that diverts air flow from defrost/vent/floor is not working
- Shelby Turbo gauge is not working.
- Vacuum splitter broke. I used a series of T-splitters to get vacuum working. It looks like spaghetti, ut it works.
- AM/FM radio does not work.
- Deck struts no good
- Windshield cracked
- Cloth on seats and headliner in poor condition
- Two hail storms. Hood, op, eck. No glass broken or side damage.
- Rear ended by an unconscious driver while sitting in my parents driveway.
- Wrecked when a person turned left in front of me. Most damage to front-left.Mostly cosmetic, ut there was some suspension damage on left side. Afterrepair, hich included alignment at a frame shop, t actually drove better after the wreck.
- Original Monroe GP struts replaced with stock struts. I couldn't afford the high performance struts.
- Brake master cylinder and power brake booster replaced.
- Turbo replaced.
- Original A520 transmission failed. Upgraded to an A555.
- Original head gasket blown around 2004.
- Mobil1 oil in it it's entire life. Engine not showing signs of wear, uch as oil consumption, ouling plugs, tc. Still strong until this latest breakdown.
- A555 transmission is much desired by turbo Dodge enthusiasts. Even one that needs a repair.
- All the Shelby stuff is still on the car.
- Carpet, ash in good shape. Includes factory Shelby floor mats, hich was purchased as an option.
- One of the pictures shows a few bonus items you get. Haynes manual for Shadow, actory addendum for Shelbys. Original sales brochure. Catalog of extras you could buy in the 1980's. Some magazines featuring this model. Two extra computers, ne Shelby specific, ne Shadow ES (which should only be used if Shelby computer isn't available), riginal owners manual with extra Shelby manual.
- Single owner, urchased new in February of 1988. Want to know anything about the history? Just ask.
I've really enjoyed this car, ots of sentimental value, ever raced, ut more problems than I have time and money to take care of. I want interested people to know everything. To repair, t will require DODGE SHADOW parts. So you don't have to go on a quest spending a lot of time and money looking for SHELBY parts.