1994 Saab 9000 Aero 5 speed manual BONE STOCK and unaltered NOT RUNNING!
Price: US $1,500.00 Item location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Saab
- Model: 9000
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Aero Hatchback 4-Door
- Year: 1994
- Mileage: 192,892
- VIN: YS3CN65R7R1015779
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.3L 2290CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: Sunroof, Leather Seats, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1994 Saab 9000PLEASE READ THESE **STRICT** TERMS PRIOR TO USING BUY IT NOW:
1) The car is located in Central/Midtown Phoenix, rizona and MUST be towed away by you or yourauthorized agent (whether a professional company or a friend in/near Phoenix who can do all this for you). The car MUST BE REMOVED PRIOR TO THE AFTERNOON OF 1 November 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS. I am losing my storage space there and the vehicle cannot remain there or be held elsewhere for you. I live in H.O.A condo and CANNOT bring it here as there is no parking for it. I realise that this is quite short amount of time for prospective buyers to make a decision--but I was given an equally short notice for loss of storage and have no choice on this!
SO: *IF* you buy this Saab you have made a commitment to abide by the terms of this listing and are responsible fully as regards pickup date and follow through. I am completely available during this timeframe to meet you/your agent at car's location in order to facilitate your removal of it. If you purchase and do NOT tow away on the date provided above, hen you will be responsible for all costs and associated headache with retrieving the car from whomever tows it away for having sat at storage past that date. BE CERTAIN OF ALL THIS IN ADVANCE, LEASE! AGAIN--I CANNOT OFFER YOU MORE TIME AS NONE WAS OFFERED TO ME. IT IS REGRETTABLY HOW THINGS ARE.
2) CONTACTING ME DIRECTLY: As this is a fairly rare car it will primarily hold appeal to SAAB fanatics/East Coast people looking for a NO RUST CAR: Please contact me here via ebay messaging ONLY IF YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS ABOUT OWNING THIS! IF SO, will happily provide you my phone contact details. I'm an easy guy to talk with and glad to tell you what I can (if it isn't covered in the description below). What I won't commit time to is giving my number out for random phone chats or parties who want to do Saab/old car reminiscing. Same with ebay messaging--I'd like to keep this limited to serious parties who know what they want and will make time to read the description/photos provided and keep it smart and simple.
3) BUY IT NOW/PURCHASING: Just what it means--use that option and you own it! I'm not dealing with "I hit the wrong key" or "I changed my mind". The first few lines of this sale text have forewarned you…. A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $500(immediately due via paypal at time of selecting BUY IT NOW). Again: It is NON-REFUNDABLE so DO NOT PLAY ABOUT WITH BUYING IF YOU ARE NOT A GENUINE BUYER. The deposit shows your commitment to complete purchase and guarantees that car will not be sold to another buyer while this transaction is in process. BALANCE PAYMENT IN FULL DUE IN PERSON via cash/bank cashier's check/or paypal on 1st November 2015 (or earlier if you are taking car away prior to that date).The value of just the interior, heels, ransmission and stereo is much more than my buy it now price, ot to mention the aero bodykit--so no offers/lowballing me for this car please...
4) In advance of questions--no, am not parting the car out. If you want it for the valuable parts on it, ou buy the whole shebang and deal with parting out at your location. Absolutely firm on this.
This 1994 Saab 9000 Aero is being sold in the same condition as it was when I purchased it in Nov. 2013. It has been a No. Cal/AZ car always. After driving it only about 8500 miles from his initial purchase (at circa 182K miles), he previous owner had a connecting rod thrown through engine block/case in September of 2013 and sold it to me for the price I have set for BUY IT NOW. IT IS NOT STARTABLE OR DRIVEABLE. This is an IDEAL car to put back on the road if you have access to a 1994-1998 2.3l block to replace the one still in the car. AGAIN: BLOCK HAS A HOLE IN IT FROM CONNECTING ROD AND IT CANNOT SIMPLY BE REBUILT. NEW BLOCK IS A MUST. It is WAY too good of an example to part out and/or scrap.
What it has going for it, nd why it's worth saving:
*CLEAN AND CLEAR ARIZONA TITLE: NO salvage or restored. Title notarized and signed by prev. owner to me, owever I HAVE NOT done new title in my name as smog is required in my state in order to issue a new title with my name….and as the car doesn't run, bviously this bit won't happen. New-Owner signature fields on back of title ARE blank and can be filled in by whomever purchases at least for Arizona purposes. Check requirements in your own state, ut I do not foresee any dramas with any of this.
*OEM Saab Keys, wners manuals, adio code card and removal tools and OEM manuals case.
*Straight/rust free non-TCS (not traction control) 5-speed Aeros do not exist in the U.S. in any great number. This (as you know) is the most powerful and torquey 9000 ever made with full factory Aero suspension/Turbo/Braking specification.
*Unthrased Black leather Aero/Recaro interiors are SUPER Scarce on their own (and I think you can install these front AND back seats into a Saab 900 with little to no modifications) this Original Aero / Recaroblack leather interior is in REALLY good condition--NO rips, O real problems: Driver seat cushion has a very small seam separation (see pics). No cushion foam degradation. Legendary comfort--anyone who has driven in these will tell you . Both Front seat backs have a slight amount of "twist/flex" but not so bad you can't stand to sit in them. Internal Cables need readjustment. BUT ALL ELECTRICAL FUNCTIONS/SEAT MOTORS DO WORK. Mileage on the car is up there--car does show *some* age, ut it is far from being a beater. Quite good, eally. But obviously not a mint/showroom example. Looks more like a moderately used 10-12 year old car. Oh…typical of '94 model year, he horn buttons do not stay on the steering wheel, ut the buttons are still with the car. This is a 1994 model and the steering column is NOT tilt/telescopic. That's '95 and up only, believe.
*Fully working electrics (last checked in July--I've had battery disconnected this whole time, ut with AZ summer heat it may be completely flat now). Bring your own if you want to verify these functions again: Windows, unroof, ipers, ll lights/signals, rip computer, ash lights, tereo and displays, entilation fan blower, VERYTHING worked in July 2015. The console button for central locking DOES blow a fuse when you use it, hough**
*All locks including steering column work with key. Rear Hatch opens/closes/locks, ut doesn't stay up without a hand due to it's shocks having perished over time
*All 4 Super Aero 16" alloys
**Saab/Clarion OEM CD/EQ stack is present, ully working (I have the security code and removal tools, lso)--Easy $300 bucks on its own IF you can even find a good useable set.
*Headliner is perfect as are door panels and carpets (though they could benefit from cleaning)
*NO INTERIOR DAMAGE OR SMELLS--NON-SMOKING CAR, nd no other funky/odd odors
*ALL GLASS IS INTACT AND NICE
*Original black paint with some light surface oxidation (this car will polish out quite nicely!) but NO burn or peel.
*Underhood/engine bay: all there--nothing missing. Intercooler looks to be relatively newish/refurbed and engine mounts, oo
The entire car is COMPLETELY FACTORY STOCK--no electrical/stereo or engine/drivetrain modifications. ZERO RUST/ZERO CORROSION, o scary body damage or any body work/filler. It's QUITE straight, ut has ONE shallow dent atop passenger front fender and a few light sidepanel/door dings. I DO have the Front AERO body kit under-bumper lip spoiler inside the car--it is cracked in 1/2 (prev. owner experience that damage when car through a rod and got towed) but it is easily repairable. *I think its two fog lamps are missing--I'll have to go over and look to verify again if you need to know this**
I obviously have never driven the car so cannot tell you anything about things like a/c functionality, raking or any other drivetrain-related specifics. I do know that there's at least 1/2-3/4 tank of gas in the car when I bought it and it has sat nearly two years so that fuel will likely need to be evacuated and replaced if you elect to get the car running.
MISC info in case you are interested: I hunted for just this spec car for a very long time and happily bought this with engine damage and all. Within a month I also purchased a 1997 9000CS 5-speed car (running) as the engine donor for this black one. Had the 9000cs towed 30 miles to a supposedly reputable mechanic to get that engine ready to install into the Aero you're looking at. Gave him the donor car, ts title and 500 bucks to get the job started. He seems to have done a runner so up until now I've been paying storage on a car I really, eally do not want to part with…not to mention all the time and money I am now out of. So, really am only looking to recupe my initial investment into buying this black car. The value of just the interior, heels, ransmission and stereo is much more than my buy it now price, ot to mention the aero bodykit--so no offers/lowballing please...