1992 SAAB 900s 2.1L Convertible
- Condition: Used
- Make: Saab
- Model: 900
- SubModel: S
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: CONVERTIBLE
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 162,584
- VIN: YS3AK76E9N7007773
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 2.1L, 4CYL
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Saab 900 CONVERTIBLE
I bought the car to restore however Iâ€™m at a location that does not have SAAB resources or expertise to help me so Iâ€™m posting it for sale.
CONS: It currently needs a clutch kit- Pressure plate and disk ($200) part. The flywheel is in great condition. I had an independent mechanic remove the clutch but could not source one to replace therefore the car is not operational. I have the clutch kit on order at the time of this listing but not sure if it is the right part however I do have a new slave cylinder in the truck.
- The Air bag light is on because I had dash light bulbs replaced and the guy took the steering wheel off before disconnecting the battery and it tripped the air bag sensor. It requires a SAAB dealership to reset the light.
- The Hood release cable was replaced however it is loose and therefore needs adjustment. The only way to open the hood is through the front of the car.
- The turn signal handle, when turning left or right, stays up/down and therefore does not move back into position when the steering goes back to straight position. Itâ€™s common for this age of vehicle.
- No A/C. The compressor is not installed. It was missing when I bought it. However, the car was converted to R-134 before the compressor was removed.
- Cruise control does not work
- Trim is missing on the sides
- Automatic antenna is stuck in up position however the motor cycles on and off when the car/radio is turned off and on. Just need a new antenna mast
- Rust free body but appears to be original paint. I replaced the hood Saab emblems
- new premium tires (Pirellis) with nitrogen fill including the spare tire
- new battery (premium)
- new spark plugs and wires, IAC, exhaust manifold gasket, Synthetic Oil,
- upgraded stereo system with detachable face, fuel filter.
- New F/R ceramic brakes and slotted rotors
- New F/R premium shocks.
- Convertible top is 3yrs old and is in perfect working order
Note: The car has not been operational for 2 mos because the local mechanic has had problems matching a clutch to the vehicle with VIN #. The current clutch that was removed is a TYP 210X MF 228, however for that year make and model, all the mechanic shops show that it should be a different clutch. Being the clutch has been removed, the brake fluid has been drained as well as the anti-freeze. I have new bottles of the replacement brake fluid in the trunk. Once again, everything was operational, no leaks, convertible works, etc,â€¦except that the clutch is out. The automotive shop was going to charge me $500 to install the clutch however, we could not get the right clutch.
Please contact me with any questions you might have.