1990 SAAB 9-00 TURBO - 5 SPEED, SUNROOF, A/C - GORGEOUS CALIFORNIA CONDITION
Price: - Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Make: Saab
- Model: 900
- SubModel: BEAUTIFUL TURBO 5-SPEED
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: BEAUTIFUL TURBO 5-SPEED
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 161,004
- VIN: YS3AL35L1L3001928
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.0 liter
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Saab 900 BEAUTIFUL TURBO 5-SPEED
1990 Saab 900 Turbo
Rare 900 Turbo 3 Door - 5 Speed
Striking in Red / Gray / Factory A/C & Sunroof
Absolutely Beautiful Condition Including
Recent Mechanical Work / Servicing
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Saab and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Nowâ€ policy. Yes, the Saab can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS SAAB, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE EBAY LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE MERCEDES. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT â€½PHOTO-SHOPâ€ THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 25 years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 930 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS- THIS PARTICULAR 1990 SAAB 900
This desirable Saab 900 Turbo comes to us from a customer who has a collection of vehicles including exotics, sports cars, and vehicles of interest. He, like so many others, appreciates the uniqueness of 900 Turbo coupled with the renowned reliability, safety, and performance that the Saab has enjoyed for many years. When he purchased the vehicle a few years ago, the car came with a history of having been in a museum. Subsequently, the car was owned by very particular enthusiasts who took excellent care of the car from a mechanical and cosmetic perspective. It is simply one of the nicest Saab 900 Turbo's that we have seen in years.
Within the last 2,000 miles the Saab has received ongoing maintenance and repairs totaling ~$5,000.00 to ensure that the car continues to be in excellent running condition and presents extremely well. In addition to converting the air condition to HFC134A, the entire A/C system was gone through in order to ensure that it functioned properly, and a new compressor was installed. The entire fuel injection and ignition system was recently diagnosed and tested to ensure it performed to factory specifications and necessary repairs completed. A new oxygen sensor was added; the car received an oil service and overall safety inspection. Finally, 1,500 miles ago, the steering shaft and steering rack were replaced. Based on the overall mechanical condition of the car, it is apparent that, over its life, it has received considerable attention.
The Saab is a simply striking example of a desirable 900 Turbo. The car is in 100% original configuration and has never been modified with the exception of replacement of maintenance items. It appears to have factory paint that remains in beautiful condition. The body panels are extremely straight and, as the photos show, the car is free from rust and rot both on the outside panels and the underside / undercarriage. The interior is equally nice with only minimal patina of fine leather on the driver's side seat. The dash, door panels, carpet, gauges and headliner are excellent. All of the gauges display readings well within acceptable limits and the electrical system is fully functional including the sometimes problematic sunroof that works perfectly.
The Saab is provided with a clean Carfax that is totally clean and documents the work that has been performed over time.
Please let us know if we can provide additional information regarding this lovely example of the most desirable Saab 900, the Turbo.
HISTORY SAAB 900
The Saab 900 was a model that spanned the entire 1980s, being in production for some fifteen years. Saab 900's original charisma remained to be popular and was even made more so because "Classic" Saab 900 vehicles are regarded as one that qualified in the lineup of vehicles that are meticulously fortified to belong with the collectibles teeming with essential rich characteristics. The Saab 900 was of the most loved vehicles of the past decades, bringing the car into the prestigious line of classics is justification enough to make the significant contribution these vehicles have made a resident fact in the automotive industry.
During the late seventies safety standards became the focal point of the Saab/Scania Company and led to the introduction of the Saab 900. During 1979 Saab introduced a new car to their line-up. Loosely based on the Saab 99, the Saab 900 was a major advance in Saabs car design methods. The car was introduced to compensate for new crash test regulations being introduced in the US. Although the Saab 99 could have been made to pass this test with modifications, the Swedish automaker felt it was a more prudent idea to bring out a new evolution of the car.
The Saab 900 styling - Viewed from the outside, the lower and longer front section is the first striking indication that the Saab 900 was a new car. The vehicle was 8.4 inches longer than the Saab 99 and boasted a complete redesign from the front seats forward. The entirely new body was designed by chief designer BjÃ¶rn Envall from TrollhÃ¤ttan design department.
Stylistically, the Saab 900 utilized a deeply curved front windshield, calling attention to the marque's aircraft legacy and being far more steep that most cars on the road at the time. The hatchback or "Combi Coupe cars were exceptionally spacious. Also underscoring their aircraft lineage, the Saab 900's dashboard was curved to enable easy reach of all controls and featured gauges lit up from the front.
Saab engineers placed all controls and gauges in the dashboard according to their frequency of use and/or importance so that the driver need divert his gaze from the road for the shortest possible time and by the smallest angle. This is why the oft-used radio is placed so high in the dashboard. The steering column was telescopically collapsible with deformable steel bellows. In the event of a collision, the steering wheel is drawn away from the driver to minimize the risk of chest and head injuries.
For comfort a new heating and ventilation system and, another Saab industry first, a pollen filter to protect the occupants. All models of the Saab 900 were equipped with a low front spoiler made of resilient thermoplastic rubber. The same material was also used as the casing for the famous Saab energy absorbing bumpers. The cellular plastic elements within the bumpers were about 20 percent larger and deeper and have a patented partition designed to raise the bumper's buckling limit.
For performance the Saab 900 was a three or five door hatchback (Combi Coupe) in the following specifications: GL with 100hp single carb engine, GLS with 108hp twin-carb set up, the fuel injected EMS delivering 118 hp same as the GLE and the flagship Saab 900 Turbo with 145 hp turbocharged two-liter in-line slant four.
â€¢ Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, lights, brakes, etc.
â€¢ Current California registration and clear California title
â€¢ Clean CARFAX; no accidents
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 21 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject
to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Saab serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Condition Shows like 61K Miles!
Terms & Conditions
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.