1993 Saab 900 S Convertible 2.1L 60,400 miles. ALL ORIGINAL PAINTWORK ! 900S
- Condition: Used
- Make: Saab
- Model: 900
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: S Convertible 2-Door
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 60,400
- VIN: YS3AK76EXP7002200
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 2.1L 2119CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: Ipod/MP3 input, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Saab 900 S Convertible 2-Door
Extremely well maintained 1993 Saab 900s convertible. I am the second owner (per Carfax) and purchased the car in 2013 with 55,400 miles on it. Looked for over a year to find a 1-owner, no paintwork car in this classic color combo. The car had been in storage for a few years prior to my purchasing it, so I anticipated having everything gone over once I received it. All new fluids, complete tune-up, plus a host of repairs/maintenance items. The following items have been addressed, all from 2013-2015 (except where noted):
- Replaced brake fluid and bled brakes.
- Oil/lube/filter/plugs, etc.
- Change trans oil.
- Cooling system flush.
- Rear brake pads.
- Lubricated parking brake components.
- Lubricated rear window tracks.
- 4 new Continental True Contact tires.
- 4-wheel alignment.
- New battery from Costco (2017).
- Replaced ABS control unit & metering valve (solved error light).
- Replaced leaking valve cover seal.
- A/C dye, leak repair, and charge system.
- Replaced exhaust system.
- Replaced/repaired driver/passenger seat cable recline (common issue I guess).
- Replaced auto trans cooler.
- Repaired cruise (speed sensor on speedo).
- Replaced leaking power steering return hose.
- Replaced head gasket (big project).
- Replaced A/C interior switch.
- Replaced 1 of the cooling fans, relay, and rewired per Saab Technical bulletin so both fans work together.
- Replaced steering column upper bushing.
- Added AUX input to stock radio. Use your iPod or MP3 player with factory radio! (The circuitry to accomplish this renders the tape deck inoperative.) (2017).
- Replaced dash speakers with Polk DB402's (2017).
- Crack free dash
- Beautiful original interior condition.
- All original rust-free exterior (save for the removal of fog lights and brackets.)
- Shiny original paint.
- Both factory remote controls and keys function perfectly.
- Original factory tool kit.
- Factory parade boot with luggage.
- Custom windshield sun reflector.
- License plate backup sensor with audible alert.
- All switches, electronics, etc work as they should.
- Car's A/C was converted to R134a many years ago from the original R12.
- I have the front license plate bracket that appears missing in the photos.
- The top will need replacing at some point. (As we only used this car on sunny days, we weren't concerned about rain.)
- Some crazing of paint in spots under the clear coat, but clearcoat is intact.
- Clock in the instrument cluster didn't keep time very well, so I set both hands to 12:00 and pulled the fuse. (Didn't feel like having the dash pulled just for the clock.)
- Minor scuffs here/there as expected on a 24 year old car.
- Passenger headlight wiper arm sometimes doesn't rest perfectly level after activation.
Since 2013, all maintenance/repairs were done by either Parker Saab in Mountain View, CA, or by European Auto Factory in Santa Clara, CA. Both were Saab specialists run by older mechanics, and sadly, both have closed their doors as the owners have retired. Receipts available.
Happy to take the car to a Saab mechanic of your choosing if you want an inspection. That said, the car needs nothing that I am aware of. We recently completed 2 trips, up and down the coast of California. No issues whatsoever. The car is about as clean as could be expected for a 1993, but it is not new, and the buyer should set expectations accordingly. Older cars need maintenance, and I've done the bulk of it. I am a private party, big-time automotive enthusiast. I don't like surpriseswhen I buy something, and I don't want there to be any if you buy this car. Will work with you to coordinate shipping or pickup. Final payment by certified funds.
We are moving in September and the new house has 2 fewer garage spaces than the old one. Two cars have to go, and we decided the 2 that are driven the least were it. Had there not been a housing change, I'd be keeping this car. Car is registered in Montana as we have a place there, but has been in California since purchased.
We've put about 5,000 miles on the car since 2013. It really is a time capsule.