1990 Saab 900 Turbo 5-Speed Manual NO RESERVE
Price: - Item location: Northampton, Massachusetts, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Saab
- Model: 900
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 221,050
- VIN: YS3AL35L2L3006023
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 4.0 Cyl, 2.0 Liter
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Saab 900Well-kept & well-loved 1990 Saab 900 Turbo 5 speed with 221K for sale!
I am selling for my daughter to help offset big moving expenses.
She has used this as her daily driver for almost three years and it's still going strong!
The car was purchased in September 2014 (~200K) from another Saab enthusiast in Montague, Massachusetts, who always kept up with repairs and general maintenance. Many records have been saved from all three known owners.
The records show the car was located around the Santa Clara, California area before it was purchased by the last owner.
The engine and transmission are in great shape. Shifts very smoothly. Nice heavy clutch and tight steering.
A new battery and alternator were just put in about a month ago.
All electronics are functional, including cruise control, sunroof, windows, etc.
The body could use work. It was victim to a low speed hit-and-run last year, damaging the right side, but it has had no effect on the functionality of the vehicle. There is typical rust along the wheel wells. Subframe is good.
- Front seat leather is ripped
- Key is broken in the ignition (have to use half the key to start car)
- No radio or music system (but sale will include a a couple of stock Saab radios)
- Right turn signal does not stay in place (have to hold while signaling)
- A/C and heat do not work
- Unknown problem affecting power steering started a couple weeks ago, making the steering much heavier/harder than usual
- Will likely need new brakes and tires soon
Aside from the various issues, this is a really strong, safe, sporty vehicle with an irresistible vintage European car interior scent. And you can fit a ton of stuff in the trunk with the seats down!
We would really love to see this car go to a good home where it can be restored and adored. These Saabs are getting harder and harder to find and we are very sad to let it go!
Please don't hesitate to contact us with further questions. Thanks for looking.