Black 1985 Saab 900 SPG (Special Performance Group) Turbo Hatchback 2-Door 2.0L
- Make: Saab
- Model: 900
- SubModel: SPG
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Turbo Hatchback 2-Door
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 195,132
- VIN: YS3AT35L1F1008104
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.0L 1985CC l4 GAS DOHC Turbocharged
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Locks
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Saab 900 SPGThis is a Saab 900 SPG model (Special Performance Group) and has a special suspension that sits lower than normal and has larger sway bars for better cornering as well as the aero dynamic package. Later they were called the Aero package I think. It has a whole new top end on the engine as well as a new turbo and that is the high performance 2.0 dual overhead cam engine that makes a lot more horsepower than the standard one. Sweet car! Do some research, this is a collectors item. I'm hoping to sell it to a true SAAB lover who can give it the TLC it deserves.
As far as full disclosure: This car passed safety and emission inspection last year. It runs well once it is warmed up, but it struggles when it is cold. My mechanic said that he thinks that it has a vacuum hose leak somewhere, but I fell on hard times and couldn't afford to pay him to find it and fix it. It has a cracked windshield. It does not have a radio. The seats and interior plastic are all sun worn and cracked. There are some dings and scratches on the exterior body. Some of the interior paneling is loose. The A/C does not work; I was told that it needs a new compressor.
I received this note from a man who owned this same model:
I owned a new 85 SPG and wanted to share a few fun facts. It was the first year of the SPG, they only imported 200 of them and they were allocated 1-2 per dealer based on dealer volume. The 85 had a "Red box" ECU which was a hot box, it was subsequently replaced by a "black box" in 86 due to warranty concerns. I bought the car sight unseen based on an article in Road and Track or Car and driver and had to wait 10-12 weeks for it to arrive.
BTW, it could absolutely smoke the Mustang SVO and Mercury Merkur it's closest counter parts in the day, and had no problem with the BMW 325 either.
I drove the car for 11-12 years and 190K miles and traded for the 93 9000 Aero that was the first such model and it too came out with the hot ECU, which was subsequently dowgraded in 94. It smoked 5 liter mustangs all day long.
I'm not in market but remember the car, fondly. Good luck with your sale."
History: I have owned it for 2 years and purchased it from a good friend who owned it for many, many years but was not the original owner. Both he and I have taken great care of it as far as maintenance, regular oil changes, TLC, etc. That's all the history I know about it.
Shippin and Payment:
Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping
Deposit of US $500.00 within 48hours of auction close Immediate deposit is required for Buy It Now Full payment is required within7days of auction close
If you have any questions please email us or call us prior to placing your bid
TERMS OF SALE
1. Placing a Bid: By bidding on or buying this vehicle you are entering into a legally binding contract to purchase this vehicle and you agree to abide by all terms of sale set forth herein.
2. Vehicle Representation: Although we describe all our vehicles to the best of our abilities, it is still possible that we may have unintentionally made an error or left some information out. Please keep in mind that used vehicles may have typical dings and scratches inherent for their year and mileage. Interior wear should also be considered depending on the vehicle’s year and mileage. Opinions and expectations can vary, so please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the condition of this vehicle. Used cars may not come with all of the original books, keys or accessories. Please review all photos carefully and if there is anything you are not sure about, ask questions prior to bidding. We are not responsible for errors or omissions in our listings. The mileage may be different than advertised due to test drives and demos.
3. Vehicle Inspection: We welcome and encourage potential buyers to inspect the vehicle but such inspections must be conducted prior to completion of this auction/sale. This vehicle is available for inspection at any reasonable time. If you choose to have the inspection done by a licensed professional, you must do so at your own expense and at our location. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value based solely upon that judgment. Furthermore, it will be assumed that you have inspected this vehicle fully if you have placed the bid or sent in your deposit.
4. Financing: If you are planning to finance this vehicle through a lending institution, you must secure the loan prior to bidding. Secure all finances and be able to follow through with the payment before you bid. Please do not call us for financing help, we do not provide financing.
5. Warranty: Unless stated otherwise, this vehicle is being sold “as is”, "where is"and with clear title with all faults and possible defects. No representations or warranties are made by seller, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose. Nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids. We are not the first owners of this vehicle and therefore cannot guarantee history, condition, reliability, mileage, title, salvage/history of salvage, function or performance of the vehicle. You are only buying what we have. Manufacturer’s warranties may still apply. You may chose to purchase extended warranty from any aftermarket warranty company that can be found online.
6. Vehicle Transportation: Buyer is responsible for shipping and/or pickup of the vehicle. All shipping charges are the buyer’s responsibility. We will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage. Shipping companies have insurance policies that protect buyers against damage. If you choose to pickup the vehicle yourself, you would have to take care of your own temporary plates. We do not provide any, nor do we help you in obtaining them. We do not meet customers at our local airport, closest airport to us is Salt Lake City, UT.
7. Payment Information: If you are the winning bidder/buyer, you must contact us within 24 hours of winning the auction or getting invoice to set up payment arrangements. We require a 500 dollars non-refundable deposit within twenty-four (24) hours. This deposit can be made through PayPal (Paypal deposit isused to place a hold on the car, it will be refunded back to PayPal, once the car is Paid in full. Usually this is done with in 1-2 days after the car is paid in full). In the alternative, you can make your deposit Cash in person or Bank wire transfer. If the deposit is not received within the required time frame and alternative arrangements were not made, we reserve the right to make the vehicle available for sale to another buyer. The remaining balance is due within 5 calendar days of making the deposit.We reserve the right to keep your deposit and resell the vehicle to another buyer if final payment is not received within 5 calendar days. As final payment for the vehicle, we will accept a certified bank check, bank loan check, wire transfer, or cash. We will not release the vehicle and/or title until funds clear. If you pay cash, you can pickup the vehicle immediately. If you pay by wire transfer the vehicle will be available for pickup once funds are available in our account. If you pay by bank check, you will have to wait nine (9) business days until the funds clear.
8. Title Information: We will only release the title once the full payment for the vehicle has been recieved.
9. Bidder’s Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid/purchase.
10. Storage Terms: Once the auction/sale completed, we will store the vehicle free of charge for six (6) calendar days and at 20 dollars per day after that until the payment is made in full. Once the payment has been made, the vehicle will be stored free of charge for ten (10) calendar days and at 20 dollars per day after that.
11. Choice of Law & Forum: Buyer agrees that in the event any dispute shall arise, it will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah and litigated in Morgan County. By bidding on this auction/sale buyer consents to service by certified mail.
12. Miscellaneous: We reserve the right to obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction/sale. In order to protect the integrity of this auction/deal, buyers with zero or negative feedback must contact us prior to bidding. We reserve the right to cancel any and all bids at our discretion and end the auction early in the event the vehicle is sold locally prior to the end of the auction, we shall not be held liable for such cancellations.
13. Not responsible for Typographical errors, if you are not sure about something just ask us.
On Oct-08-16 at 13:49:18 PDT, seller added the following information:
I thought that I would add that the mileage is actually 198,778 currently. I can't figure out how to change it in the listing above, so I am disclosing it here. It does have power windows. It is missing the plastic piece that surrounds the interior drivers side door handle. It does not have a radio. It has a large crack in the windshield (see picture). It also has some issue that causes the battery to drain over time. It was not a problem when I was driving it consistently, but now that I am driving it less frequently I have noticed that I need to recharge the battery from time to time for some reason. I don't know what is causing this to happen.