1929 Rolls-Royce Drop Head Coupe Convertible
This is THE ONLY Windovers coach builder 1929 Rolls Royce Drop Head Coupe Convertible from the Rolls Royce 1929 model year in existence! This phenomenal Rolls DHC is finished in elegant Ivory with Tan soft top and Brown leather interior. It's a fabulous car that retains its original block and transmission. Power comes from the original 'born with' 20hp 3,127cc engine and backed by a 4-speed manual transmission. Right-hand drive and recent new soft top. This is an amazing World War II survivor with outstanding provenance, including build sheets and a complete history of ownership from 1929 to present.This car features; the trademark flying lady hood ornament rests proudly above the chrome grille with its adjustable vanes, front tilting headlamps, front fog light, rear mount luggage, white wall tires, wire wheels, electric country horn, city horn, suicide doors, vacuum turn signals, dual spare tires, additional starting carburetor, tools, steering wheel controls for mixture-throttle-ignition timing, fender mounted mirrors, chrome exterior trim, and windshield wipers.The first owner, Ronald Arthur Yestay, took delivery in November 1929. In 1937 the Drop Head had 67,000 miles and was sold to Samual Saxon Barton, who was a surgeon in Liverpool. We believe Samual Saxon Barton was the second owner, but the Public Control Department records cannot be found from 1930 to 1936, possibly due to salvage records during the wars. At 84,000 miles Mr. Barton had the Drop Head sent to Derby Works for a complete chassis overhaul. In 1950 Mr. Barton sold the vehicle to Oliver Hill, who was a famous architect known for modern styles and a personality unlike any others in his field, in London at 122,735 miles. We have a letter dated March 2, 1964, from The London County Council which lists previous English owners from 1929 to 1959. There is also US documentation with all the previous owners from 1959 to present. In 1959 David E. Cohen, who was one of the previous owners, imported the car from London to New York. Mr. Cohen transferred ownership in September 1962 to Robert McMichael. Mr. McMichael moved from New York to Richland, WA in 1964, then sold the car in 1965 to Burton Wood of Corvallis, OR. In September 1966 Mr. Wood sold the car to Mr. Northcraft who then restored the car in 1968. In the fall of 1976, the engine block had two minor cracks that were repaired by Adams & Oliver Ltd., in the UK. The block was also re-sleeved and bored to spec. Around 1977 the car was repainted from dark green to white. Available is an owners Book (reprint from 1933) with second owners name stamped in the book. It is believed to be the original seats and original tools. Less than 3,000 of 20 horsepower Rolls Royce vehicles were made from 1922 to 1929.For more information on a truly one of a kind and irreplaceable treasure of motoring history that is this particular 1929 Rolls Royce Drop Head Convertible, or any of our 50+ classic and collectible cars always in stock, please contact Mr. Bruski 877-855-1030, Or if you are local always feel free to stop by our Bellevue, WA Park Place Ltd campus - Where we have over 40,000 sq ft of indoor showrooms filled with the finest cars. As part of the Park Place Motor Group family, which includes Park Place Aston Martin and Lotus of Bellevue, Park Place Ltd is Home to the West Coast's Most Diverse Inventory of Luxury, Exotic, Collectible and Special Interest Automobiles. With 200+ Always On Site, Nobody Has What We Have!