1959 Austin Princess Vanden Plas DM4 A135 Limo (Rolls Royce Conversion) Has A/C!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Rolls-Royce
- Model: Other
- SubModel: 1959 Austin Vanden Plas Princess Limo
- Type: Limousine
- Trim: Austin Vanden Plas Princess DM4 A135
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 5,500
- Color: White
- Engine size: 6cyl
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Rolls-Royce Other 1959 Austin Vanden Plas Princess Limo
*Relisted due to the winning bidder never contacting me after the auction, ending the deposit, or having any intentions on going through with the purchase. Please do not waste mine and your time with bidding on something you do not have the money for!!! Thank you!
Up on the auction block is my White on White 1959 Austin A135 DM4 right drive Princess Limousine withonly 5500 miles on it. She has the Rolls Royce conversion (Grill, ood emblem "flight of ecstasy", ubcaps, nd bumper (which makes it look way better in my opinion). The limostarts, uns, tops, nd turns great! The interior has been totally been redone in custom commercial White vinyl (likemarine boat vinyl) so it's really durable when it comes to drink spills, ears, nd tears!The headliner was alsoredone in the same vinyl.A/C has been added to this limo as well (stored in the trunk).
These "Princess DM4" limo'swere handmade only in London in extremely low numbers (200) and mostly sold toroyal families, iplomats, nd the rich. I was told thatthis limowas actually used to cart around diplomats in the UK (hints the flagpole rods on the front bumper). Originally a black on black limo, he was totally changed to white on white and was to be used in the Wedding Limo business(if she was i have no idea). In fact, his is actually why I bought this limo, ut have had different life plans (baby and new job)that will no longer let me do that. So in short, homever buys this limo is getting a rare wedding Limo business fleetcar that will actually pay for itself!
- Interior/Headliner/Carpets has been totally redone with commercial service in mind.
- A/C has been added.
- Rolls Royce conversion (Grill, ood emblem "flight of ecstasy", ubcaps, nd bumper which) would cost $2000-$4500 to buy all these pieces separately.
- Original Lucas Headlights.
- Good clutch and goes through the gears smoothly on the manual transmission.
- The wooden dash, rim, nd doors are in great shape.
- Limo tented windows.
- Newer tires with pretty much full tread left on them (98% I would say).
- New OEM parts ordered from the UK that are still in the box like: new (2) Lucas tail light assemblies and lenses, 1) rear license place light, nd (2) running hood lights (See pictures).
- I have not noticed any rust bubbles on the door or fenders.
- Again, his limo can be a second (or main) income to you and your family.
- I have some (or most of the rubber molding for the front, ide, ear windows).
- Bumpers in great condition.
- She needs a paint job and some bodywork... Well, ot really, ut if you were trying to put her into service, would. I actually have two gallons of sealed (never opened) Ford Wimbledon White (came on the Shelby mustangs back in the 60's) with hardener that I could throw in for an extra fee.
- The right door had a huge dent from the previous owner sideswiping his ATV while backing out of the garage when I bought her that needed repair. The good news is that I had the dent pulled out, anded, nd primed (professionally) but have yet to reinstall the door or paint it. The whole car was going to be painted with that Wimbledon White paint, ut life got in the way (baby and new job).
- The trunk has an upper and lower gate and the lower gate's hinge has come un-welded and needs to be reattached. I am not that skilled and did not feel comfortable trying to repair that.
- the trunk will need new wood as the A/C unit is stored there and leaked water (and had condensation) that ruined the wood board.
- She needs new molding on the front windshield as she seems to leak through a part of the window. The wood trim that lines the windshield and headliner has broken and will need to be replaced. It makes a piece of the front headliner sag. There seems to be wood rot from the water above the headliner.
- This car is madewith an aircraft aluminum bodywith woodframing. this is from 1959, o I'm sure some of that will need to be addressed.
Super low reserve! I am already losing a ton of money on this, o no low ball offers please.
*This limo is being sold locally and I reserve the right to end the auction at any time.*
The Austin A135 Princess Long Wheelbase Saloon Limousine (DM4) were introduced in 1952. The automatic transmission and power steering from Princess IV were fitted from 1956. The marque name was changed from Austin to Princess in August 1957, nd then to Vanden Plas from July 1960. The long wheelbase models continued to be built by hand in limited numbers as the Vanden Plas 4-Litre Princess Limousine, ntil 1968. All now being parts of British Leyland, he Jaguar Mark X-based Daimler DS420 was initially produced at the Vanden Plas works in Kingsbury, orth London then replaced the Vanden Plas Princess within the new, lightly rationalised range. This had been foreseen in 1966 when British Motor Holdings (BMH) had brought BMC and Jaguar together, nd stopped development at Vanden Plas of the potential successor car. The limousine was luxuriously appointed with lots of polished wood, ptional Mohair rugs and radio with controls in the armrest. Among the long list of available extras were monograms and a flagstaff. The driving compartment was separated from the rear of the car by a division with an optional telephone for the passengers to communicate with the driver. The driving seat was finished in leather but the rear seats were trimmed in cloth, he usual arrangement on many luxury cars of the time.
Feel free to email, all, r come out to see her!!
I will only accept Paypal for the deposit! The final amount can be done via cash (in person), ank transfer, nd or certified bank check (the limo will not be released until funds have been verified).
Thanks everyone and good luck!