1982 Rolls-Royce Corniche - Concours Grade
- Condition: Used
- Make: Rolls-Royce
- Model: Corniche
- SubModel: Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1982
- Mileage: 32,666
- VIN: SCAZD42A3CCX05457
- Color: Rolls Royce Sand Silver
- Engine size: 6.7L V-8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1982 Rolls-Royce CornicheSeller’s Description:
Purchased new in 1982 by World Boxing Champion, Mr. Sugar Ray Leonard as a gift for his trainer, Mr. Janks Morton.
Under the loving care of the same owner since 1991, this Rolls-Royce went on to win plenty of titles of her own to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that she too is THE BEST among her brethren.
Complete service history from new. EVERYTHING works, NO ACCIDENTS, no funny business.
Here is a little history on this car:
- February of 1982: The vehicle is manufactured in London's Mulliner Park Ward plant.
- September 13, 1982: Purchased new by a living legend of the world of sports as a gift to one of his favorite trainers, who took delivery at renowned Rolls-Royce / Bentley dealer Max of Switzerland, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- From that point on, the car was serviced religiously per Rolls-Royce specifications and only by Rolls-Royce/Bentley specialized facilities. As one might expect after seeing and driving this car in person, money was never an object when time came to care for this rolling work of art.
- On August of 1991: This Corniche is acquired by its current owner, a highly ranked US Government Physician and life long Rolls-Royce collector. Also a member of the Rolls Royce Owners Club for 50 years, he turned this Corniche into the crown jewel of his personal car collection to the point that he had the car transported in an enclosed trailer, back and forth between his home in Washington DC and his winter residence in FL until 2012, when he finally retired in Southwest Florida.
- September, 2012 to date: The car continues to reside inside an air conditioned garage in Florida, only to be taken out for maintenance (due to time, rather than mileage), or for the occasional car show or dinner around town.
- It is not a surprise that this car is a star wherever she goes to this day. She was recently featured in local newspapers in addition to winning no less than twenty (20) trophies, plaques and awards after placing at EVERY SINGLE CAR SHOW she has been a part of in the past 25 years. Most of the awards read "Best of Show".
To say that you will get lots of attention and thumbs-up while you drive her will be an understatement.
The car has no leaks, no funny noises and no vibrations. She fires right up, every time before settling into a serene idle. Once you floor it, you can hardly hear the massive 6.75L-V8 as she propels you forward thru the gears while its factory suspension remains calm and silky smooth; just as expected from THE BEST automobiles in the world.
Powerful and cold factory air conditioning.
The purchase of this Corniche includes:
- 4" thick binder with EVERY SINGLE service and mileage record; from the pre-delivery inspection performed at the dealer in 1982, to the last service done in 2017.
- Ownership history from day one.
- Complete and original set of owner's manuals, including the vehicle's build sheet.
- Complete set of factory tools.
- Factory tuneau cover with its original storing bag.
- Original, unused spare tire.
- Tailored car cover.
- EVERY SINGLE trophy and award won to date will go with the car. It is part of her journey, and it is the right thing to do.
What the car needs:
- The soft top needs a little nudge to go down. It comes back up on its own power without a problem.
- Driver side windshield wiper nut cover is cracked.
There are many things to highlight about this beautiful automobile and not enough room here. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.
I do not have time to entertain tire kickers. NO DEALERS and/or BROKERS needed, so please don't waste our time.
SCAMMERS: I've been doing this for a long time so don't even bother, unless you wish me to share your contact information with the authorities.
Thank you for looking at my ad.