1974 Porsche 911 Carrera
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- SubModel: Carrera
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Carrera
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 112,500
- VIN: 9114400028
- Color: Light Yellow
- Engine size: 3.0L 6 Cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 915
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Porsche 911 Carrera
1974 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe
One of 528 US Carreras
This a unique “driver’s” car that has the authenticity of a light weight classic Luft Gekuhlt (air cooled) Porsche 911 while providing a more modern performance experience through tasteful modifications.
Equipment and Modifications:
· Non Sun-Roof Light Yellow exterior with Black Interior with rear Seat Delete (Porsche Certificate of Authenticity on hand)
· 1980 3.0L engine with a 3.2.L polished crank, .2L J&E Pistons and 2.7L 911s con rods. 993 Sport Camshafts, .2LDME Conversion with mass air flow kit (Authority) special programming. B&B stainless headers with S&S dual in dual out muffler.
· Gearbox is a 1986 915 rebuilt transmission with LSD and Centerforce Clutch assembly and Wevo Shifter.
· 1988 911 Carrera rear suspension with 26mm Turbo torsion bars, arrera Trailing arms, ew axles and Bilstein sport shocks.
· 1988 930 Turbo front suspension with 21 mm torsion bars, 30 Turbo tie rods, elrin Bushings, ew ball joints.
· Front Brakes are 964 four pot calipers with a 23mm master cylinder. Rear has Carrera Calipers
· 1988 Carrera fuel tank, uel pump and filter.
· Wheels are 930 Fuchs 16”alloys, ” in front and 8”in rear with Hankook V2 tires.
· Sport Interior features restored gauges with a 10k tachometer, 30 power leather seats, SR door panels, ear seat delete, owder coated rear roll bar.
· Stereo is a Sony deck (CD/Bluetooth) with fosgate amplifier, speakers including two 8” woofers in the rear seating area. Alarm and door actuators included.
· Engine is estimated produce approximately 290HP with a weight of 2400 lbs giving a power to weight ratio of 8.3lbs/HP. Comparatively, 2004 GT3 with 381HP and a weight of approximately 3200lbs has a ratio of 8.4/HP.
· Mileage: 112,500 on the odometer. Engine is believed to have been rebuilt at approximately 105,000 miles (at Cars Dawydiak in SF).
· Paint: The paint is fairly good but shows signs of its use as a driver’s car. Most of the chips exist along the front bumper and there are a few on the hood. There is also some light pitting on the rear passenger fender flare and exhaust tip (presumably from DE/Track days). Although this car isn’t really meant for the concours enthusiast, t still shows great at local events. From 10 ft away, t looks pretty darn good, s evidenced by the pictures. However, want to be forthright about the reality of little nicks here and there.
· All of its regular maintenance has been performed at Patrick Motorsports. No accidents or incidents.
· Tires: The rears are brand new and the fronts are at approximately 50% (staggered).
· Use History: This has been a fun weekend car for me. I have loved driving it to they gym or on date nights but the car truly shines at the track. I have really enjoyed being a member of the PCA and participating at Driver Education events including autocross. It’s just been fantastic to learn how to drive the car fast and trust in what it can do. It’s a very clean car that gets generous amount of attention and “thumbs up.” The bright color seems to change in different light going from light to deep to almost neon inside florescent lighted parking garages. It’s impossible not to smile when driving it. Regarding its driving experience, t’s like driving a supped up go-cart, mall, ow and very fast. It’s a very happy yet serious little car.
An original California car, t was acquired in Studio City, alifornia by Patrick Motorsports in Phoenix. Once in Phoenix, t went through a project transformation to maximize performance as a ’74 RS Tribute Car. It eventually found its way to Walter Dawydiak in San Francisco where Cars Dawydiak returned its aesthetics back to factory Carrera while maintaining its performance modifications. I purchased the car in 2011.
As classic Porsche 911 values seem to skyrocket, his car is an attractive value proposition. While it is a real ’74 US Carrera, t has performance modifications (ex: non-numbers matching engine) that take it out of the concours collector market. At the same time, t’s a beautiful driver’s car that you don’t have to be afraid of driving on the street or at the track for that matter. That’s partly the reason the RGruppe movement has become so popular. It offers a polished collector appeal and modern performance that, epending how the auction ends up, ou can’t buy and duplicate yourself for anywhere near the same amount of money. It’s the best of both worlds: classic appeal + performance + value = great buy! That and the fact it so closely resembles the ’73 RS.
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE 911 CARRERA:
The H Series Porsche 911, ntroduced for the 1974 model year, ncorporated some fairly major structural, echanical, nd cosmetic changes to comply with the ever stringent U.S. safety and emissions regulations. New were the impact-absorbing aluminum bumpers fore and aft, ith inner structures at both ends strengthened to absorb impact. The hood was shortened, nd the doors were reinforced internally. The front corner lights and reflectors were incorporated into the rubber bumper trim, hile a new center reflector filled the space between the taillight assemblies. There were important suspension upgrades, larger fuel tank (which necessitated a compact spare tire and air compressor), nd a single battery tucked into the left-front corner of the trunk. The interior gained new high-backed seats for driver and passenger.
· Buyer to arrange pick up and any delivery or shipping fees.
· I reserve the right to end this listing at anytime should the vehicle no longer be available for sale. The vehicle is being marketed locally. The following terms of sale apply to this listing.
o To bid on this item you must be a Registered eBay user.
o You the bidder are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the automobile listed on this page. Please do not bid if you do not intend to purchase.
o Buyers are responsible to pay a non-refundable 5% deposit via bank wire transfer or cashier's check within three business days. Full payment must be received within five business days from end of auction.
o Buyers must contact seller within 24 hours of auctions end via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Otherwise, eller reserves the right to sell vehicle at seller's discretion.
o Seller reserves the right to notify bidders and end the auction early without any liability to the seller.
o No bid retractions allowed 24 hours prior to auction end. Please have all necessary information available to complete transaction.
o The vehicle herein is “pre-owned” and sold as "As Is" condition.