Aluminum bodied RÜNGE Coachbuilt Porsche Spyder RSK Durlite RS60
Price: US $119,000.00 Item location: Alexandria, Minnesota, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: RÜNGE RS
- Type: Aluminum
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 11
- VIN: 161188
- Engine size: Mid Engine
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Rear Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Porsche RÜNGE RSThis listing is for the commissioned build of the RÜNGE RS. The RS concept is inspired by the late 1950's German racers such as the Porsche RSK, he Webb "Durlite" Porsche and the Porsche Type 645. Please understand this listing is for an unbuilt car that you are commissioning to build. Nearly every detail is bespoke to your personal taste, uilt by hand in the workshop of Chris Runge located in Minnesota. Delivery time takes 7 months from initiation. References available.
The RÜNGE RS:
- Porsche 912 engine rebuilt by the late Duane Spencer of "Shasta Design" (Test run-in time only)
- Porsche 356 B Drum Brakes
- Mid Engine Custom Chassis built by RÜNGE.
- 4 Speed "Long Box" Transaxle.
- VDO Gauge Package with digital GPS Speedometer
- Aluminum hand built coachwork with Tubular buck by RÜNGE.
- Custom 5x205, 5x4.5 wheels
- Aluminum Tonneau Cover with wrap around Drivers windscreen
- 2 Passenger windscreen
- Lift off rear engine access
- Lift off nose clip
- Custom Aluminum Fuel tank
- 3 Spoke Wood Steering Wheel
- Adjustable Height for front suspension
- Adjustable Height for rear suspension
- Hand made Aluminum seats with adjustable tracks
- Leather trimmed seats and interior (your choice of color)
- Talbot Style Mirrors
- Hi/Lo Beam headlamps
- Beehive Porsche Tail lamps
- 1964 Porsche 356 Minnesota Title and MSO for custom work done.
The photos below show the RS chassis (shown with VW brakes) and wood buck (the skeleton like form that the aluminum body is shaped off of, t does not remain in the car) and the buck wrapped in paper. The paper is used for pattern making prior to hammering out the aluminum body.
The Mid engine chassis
This reference photo shows an example of the Durlite Porsche as it is today.
The following photos show examples of the build options and previous coachwork. The Model shown is the "Frankfurt Flyer."
Under the hand shaped aluminum skin is the aluminum tubular buck. I form all tubing by hand as a guide for the final panel work.
3 Gauge bezel
Single Tonneau Cover with Wrap around windscreen
Another example of the Flyer Design.
Hand Built Seats and interior paneling
Please Note: Build features may change due to limited availability of components. Please inquire for additional information: Chris Runge at 320 491 5316 Thanks for viewing my listing.