1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Convertible 3.2L (C2 body update) NO RESERVE!
Price: US $22,000.00 Item location: Auburn, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Carrera Convertible 2-Door
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 150,202
- VIN: WP0EB091XES160426
- Color: Midnight Metallic Blue
- Engine size: 3.2L 3163CC H6 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats, CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Porsche 9111984 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet ConvertibleNO RESERVE!This 911 is ready to be cruised on the street, aken for a long road-trip, ushed to the limit at the track, r shown off at a POC event (Porsche Owners Club). This car has been well cared for and runs perfectly. The engine, ransmission, nd suspension are in great shape and need nothing!THE BASICS:
- Runs and drives perfectly
- SEMA Show Display Vehicle (Las VegasConvention Center'06)
- One Owner for 18 years (since '97)
- California car... No rust anywhere
- All service records and receipts dating back to '96
- Always garaged
- Factory Cabriolet conversion done in Los Angeles in '96
- Updated body style with new paint in '97
- 3.2L 6 Cyl. (completely stock)
- 152,200 original miles
- Body, ngine, nd Transmission #'s match
- One of the first '84-'89 911 Carreras ever built. Manufactured in Germany October '83 for the 1984 model year
- Theft recovery in '96 ("salvage" on pink-slip, ut AutoCheck shows no record of any theft, ccident, r insurance loss)
- Removable 4-Point Roll-Bar (mounts only to all seat-belt attachment bolts in front and rear)
- Extra set of Porsche factory lightweight Cup wheels with Khumo Victoracer racing tires mounted and balanced
I am a non-smoking 50 year old automotive enthusiast and former owner of an automotive performance company. Of the many vehicles I have owned, his 911 has been an amazing car. It has unsurpassed reliability, wesome performance, op-down enjoyment, nd is always the center of attention. Every detail has been addressed to assure transformation from classic exotic street car to 2900 lb track-ready race-car in less than 1 hour.
This car has never been raced. Itwas used only as a marketing toolat a number of recreational track events on California road courses between'03 and '06. The four road courses were:
- Laguna Seca (now Mazda Raceway, onterey, A)
- Sears Point (now Infineon Raceway, onoma, A)
- Buttonwillow Raceway (Buttonwillow, A)
- Willow Springs Raceway -Rosamond, A. (about 1 hour north ofLos Angeles)
I bought this car in Los Angeles in '97 with 106,000 miles on it.
Before I bought it, he transmission and clutch assembly were rebuilt (I have all shop receipts from previous owner). I completed all cosmetic and performance modifications between '97 and '03. By '04, t became my company's marketing & track vehicle and was a feature vehicle at the '06 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, evada.
The recession killed my business by 2008, became a dad in '09, nd had a second child in '10. Since then, have had little opportunity to drive the car. As one of my 5 vehicles, only start it up every month and drive it once every 3 months. We are now running out of room and need money for home improvements. This car has been my dream to own and really I wish I could keep it. It has been an amazing car for me, nd by far, he most reliable of any of the 14 cars I have owned during my adult life (new and/or used). Unfortunately, have no choice but to sell it. My loss is your gain.
This is a 30 year old classic performance vehicle with a theft salvage title, o I want to make sure I am absolutely clear as to its condition, uances, nd idiosyncrasies.
- Updated to '90-'92 year C2 body style
- Cabriolet Conversion performed with Porsche factory components
- Convertible top -- Outside canvas and rear plastic window are in "like new" condition (no rips or tears in top exterior, nd the plastic rear window is perfect), ut the thin interior top liner fabric needs to be replaced. However, he top isneverup on this car when driven (garaged 5th car, riven only on those perfect California days).
- Canvas convertible top boot is in decent condition, utside still looks great.
- Porsche factory headlights and trim rings, ront bumper, nd rocker panels.
- Aftermarket fiberglass rear bumper and rear-deck with working motorized spoiler (manual switch activates up/down spoiler motion).
- Repainted in '98 in Porsche factory midnight metallic blue with highest quality PPG paint (only the inside of the trunk & the engine compartment are still original guards red). Minor chips in the paint here and there, ut still has a fantastic glossy finish.
- Solid wheel spacers to equal the offset of '95-'98 911
- Genuine Porsche 17" lightweight Cup wheels (chromed) with chrome center caps w/Porsche crest AND lightweight alloy lug nuts)
- some minor peeling of chrome (not noticeable) on wheelperimeters, ut they have never been curbed... EVER.
- Michelin Pilots with 75% tread left
- Factory '95-98 year dual exhaust tips
- Paint was recently polished and detailed
- Black leather interior
- Contrasting grey floor mats for front, ear, nd cover for folded back seats
- Aftermarket reclining racing seats for driver and passenger (imitation leather)
- White-faced gauges
- Custom racing steering wheel with carbon-fiber accent
- Carbon-fiber shift knob
- Factory folding wind-screen
- Pioneer AM/FM CD 8 speaker stereo system with detachable face, ull spectrum audio and sub-woofer controls
- Main stereo amplifier is 600W
- Sub-woofer amplifier is 800W
- Separated woofers/tweeters in front door panels
- Two 2-way rear speakers
- Two 6" diameter tube sub-woofers secured in back-seat area
- 3.2L Oil Cooled, orizontally Opposed Boxer 6 Cylinder engine
- Dyno tested at 230 HP at the rear wheels with all stock components
- Rebuilt 915 5 speed transmission in '97 (used harder gears from the G50 transmission in this 915 transmission)
- New Clutch in '97
- Air Conditioning Compressor removed to save weight and increase power (who needs AC when you have a convertible!?)
- New adjustable engine oil return tubes with seals replaced in '99
- Porsche factory fender-mounted auxiliary oil-cooler (replaced original inefficient 'trombone-style" oil lines)
- Aftermarket short-throw shift kit
- 3 different levels of ECU performance chips (stock chip is currently in ECU unit)
- Stock muffler has been modified to a dual port, ree-flow exhaust with dual exhaust tips from '95-'98 993.
- New catalytic converter (replaced in '12, oughly 1000 miles ago)
- Newer O2 sensor (5k miles ago)
- Passed recent smog check easily, easuring .02 of allowable CARB emissions for this vehicle (My county requires the toughest "rolling smog check", erformed on a dyno)
- Previous smog-check fails listed in AutoCheck were only due to the following minor issues (were corrected and resulted inpassing without issue)
- Listed in order of occurrence
- First year of CA's tightened visual inspection rules uncovered that the fuel vapor charcoal canister was missing, urchased and installed new one.
- Next fail was due to fuel vapor vent return lines not passing leak-test, o they were replaced
- Another fail Gas cap-to-tank fuel lines were leaking then replaced
- O2 Sensor and Catalytic converter were both replaced
- Bilstien racing shocks & struts
- Adjustable strut tower brace for front suspension (in trunk, ee pic)
- Almost new set of stock brake rotors and racing compound brake pads (less than 4000 miles on pads & rotors)
- New rear drive-train u-joints and bellows replaced less than 8000 miles ago
- Suspension has been tuned to eliminate the stock under-steer (pushing) tendencies of the stock 911. Leveraged several hours of track time to create near perfect at-limit balance and handling characteristics.
- Front and rear sway bars are larger than stock, nd use stiffer racing bushings.
- This car can be pushed the edge of its performance envelope with confidence and predictability
- Let go of the steering wheel at any speed and it tracks straight and true
THIS IS THE BEST HANDLING AIR-COOLED 911 THAT I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE TO DRIVE I have driven many '84-'89 911's, s well as '90-'94 911 C2's (964), nd also '95-'98 911's (993). None ofthemin their stock configuration could hold a candle to the perfectly balanced handling of this car resulting from 3 years of experimentation and testing at multiple California race-tracks.
EXTRAS INCLUDED IN SALE:
- Extra set of light-weight factory Porsche Cup wheels with silver clear-coat and matching center-caps with hand-painted Porsche crests. None of these wheels have ever been curbed or damaged in any way. Mounted and balanced with Khumo Victoracer racing compound tires that have only 3 recreational track days on them
- 4-point removable (bolt-in) roll bar
- Cloth Car Cover
- Full front bra set (hasn't been used since car was acquired)
- Renewed registration this year (Feb '16 tags), assed smog easily in '15
It has just a few minor details that are typical of a garage-kept 30 year old street and track driven collector car.
- Passenger-side power window switch circuit may have a short, eed switch(es) replaced, r just need a fuse. Electric motor is fine, indow just stopped operating one day after a long winter in the garage. I have not had any time to address this issue, ut last time it occurred, ust replacing a switch took care of it.
- Headlights, ail-lights, nd parking lights all work. However, he rear right brake light works properly only when the headlights are off. When headlights are on, he right rear brake light dims slightly when brakes are applied. All other exterior lights work fine at all times.
- Convertible top takes a bit of finesse to put up and secure (doesn't quite fit right, ut isn't noticeable and the seal is not bad for a post-production conversion using factory parts). When the car is stationary in the rain, he top only allows slight drips at the corner where R&L windows meet the front windshield and top. When moving, here are no drips. Still..... Even though I have used this car as a daily driver many years ago, t's not exactly the most comfortable car in that capacity.
- Fit and tolerances of doors to body are slightly off, ut only noticeable if you are looking for it under close inspection. Again, his was a SEMA show vehicle, o it's a beautiful car, ut not meant to be (nor will it ever be) concourse quality.
- Tub underside shows signs of repair, ndicating some type of accident must have occurred many years ago, ut I have had no incidents in 18 years.
- Again, he car drives true and handles great, o cosmetic tolerances seem to be the only other evidence of this pre-theft-salvage event (pre-'96).
- During body and paint update in '97, he shop elected to secure the factory rocker panels by using visible body rivets during update (instead of the factory hidden clip method). Not a clean implementation, ut created an unintended cool look to the car
- Horn doesn't work. I believe wiring at horn in fender needs to be re-connected.
- Trunk lid shock that keeps lid up while open has lost a bit of its strength. Should be replaced.
- Winning bidder must pay a $500 deposit via PayPal within 24 hours of auction close.
- Full payment must be received by cashier's check, ash within 7 days of auction close or deposit will be forfeited.
- Buyer is responsible for organizing transport of car to their location, s well as any/all costs related to transporting vehicle to any location within the USA.
- Car is for sale locally as well, o if it sells prior to the end of this auction, reserve the right to end this auction early.