1983 Porsche 928s - Great looking car, fun to drive!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 928
- Type: Hatchback
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 134445
- VIN: WP0JB0927DS860894
- Color: Tan
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Porsche 928
1983 Porsche 928s.
Sold as-is. Cash or certified check.
I have owned this great-looking 1983 Porsche 928s since 2007/2008 and will hate to see it go. It was driven occasionally over 4 or 5 years, then it was in storage for several years due to a move. I have had it serviced and have been driving it occasionally this summer. This car is very fun to drive and handles very well.
NOTE ON MILEAGE: There is 034XXX miles showing on the odometer. The previous seller stated he believed the hundred thousands (1XXXXX) digit hadn't rolled over. The odometer does function, as it has added miles since I purchased the car.
Body and paint are overall in very good condition. There are a few minor scrapes/markings in the paint, but nothing significant. The left front wheel has a 1-2 inch scrape on it. The windshield has a few small chips but no cracks. Some of the seals and the key holes show signs of weathering/wear.
The interior is in overall good condition. The main issue with it is wear/aging of the leather and plastics. The carpets could use a cleaning. The rear carpet has a stain from a spill. The leather is in good condition, but has shrunk due to age in a few areas (mostly noticeable around the driver rear window and the passenger front below the windshield). There are some scratches and wear spots here and there on the interior leather. The stitching on the bottom of the steering wheel has come off. The plastic housing around the steering column is broken, but it is not overly noticeable. There are no cracks in the dash. I have always used seat covers over the original leather of the driver/passenger seats. The drivers side seat has a few wear spots and a few cracks but is in overall good condition for the year.
Youtube video of driving the car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYfjk-fHhG8&t=6s
Mechanically, the car starts, runs, and drives well. The engine sounds very good. I have done the following replacements as well as some recent services on the car:
- Replaced alternator
- Replaced battery
- Fixed battery charging issue related to charging light on dash
- Changed oil in June '20
- Transmission serviced in June '20
- Transmission pan gasket replaced
- Fuel filter changed in June '20
- Replaced various vacuum lines in engine compartment (old ones were very dry/brittle)
- Replaced struts on rear window
- Headlights raise/lower properly and work
- Has aftermarket Alpine radio with CD player
- Has the original tool kit and Porsche air compressor
- Has spare tire
- "Brake Pad" dash light is always on - I suspect this is a wiring issue because the brakes work great.
- A/C currently not blowing cold. I suspect it just needs charged because it does blow slightly colder than the non-A/C setting.
- Windshield wipers work well.
- Cruise control only working intermittently
- Driver side window does not go down (this used to work intermittently, but recently stopped working)
- I have the original Porsche book for the car
- The rear tires are near-new, front tires are older and somewhat worn
- If the car sits for 3-4 weeks the battery will run down, this is not an issue if it's only a week or two though.
Also comes with:
- Bra (used)
- Cover (used)
- Porsche racing shirt
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks for looking.