â€˜57 Porsche Speedster Hand-built Replica-One Owner
Price: US $32,000.00 Item location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 356
- SubModel: Speedster
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: GS/GT Carrera
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 5795
- VIN: 3303767
- Color: Mexico Blue
- Engine size: 1915cc 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual-4 speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black with Blue Piping
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Porsche 356 GS/GT CarreraI purchased this Speedster brand new at Mecumâ€™s Monterey California Auction 2013. I have taken great care of this car (along with the help of two of the best air-cooled mechanics in Tucson) I also had them make some nice upgraded improvements. These include installing New Dual Weber 40mm carbs, a 72 plate competition external oil cooler with fan and inline thermostat switch, Petronix electronic ignition(no points), breather box, upgraded stainless steel brake lines and several other upgrades. I use Mobil 1 full synthetic,10W-30 motor oil which I have had changed once a year, every year along with full tune-ups. The car is mainly a weekend driver, having put less than 1000 miles/year since new(5795 current mileage). When not out cruising around the dry, sunny roads of Tucson....and putting a BIG smile on my face, the speedster is safely parked and covered in my garage.
There are other speedster replicas out there, but this one has several distinguishing features:
- Louvered deck lid for improved engine cooling
- 550 Spyder-type racing mirrors
- Grey painted 5 lug wheels
- Pirelli P4 tires
- Front Disc Brakes
- Shaved side moldings
- Smooth bumpers
- Leather bonnet tie-down straps
- Center EXTERNAL LeMans style fuel filler (NO opening the bonnet to fuel up!)
- Basket weave wire mesh headlamp stone guards
- Bee hive tail lights with rear reflectors
- Mobil Pegasus decals
- Carrera badges
- Rally style driving lamps
- Porsche Mexico Blue paint(1974,997 color)
- Racing style lap belts
- Spyder style bucket seats with contrasting blue piping(also on door cards)
- Chrome fire extinguisher
- Black banjo style steering wheel
- Proper under dash emergency brake placement
- Upgraded 1915cc H4 engine with dual Weber 40 carbs
- 4 speed transaxle with 3.88 gears for relaxed high speed cruising
- 3 top options included with car, all in like new condition. Full tonneau, quarter tonneau and convertible top+side curtains shown in photo.
- Titled as a 1960 Volkswagen
If you donâ€™t drive the car regularly, or have not started it in a couple of months, it may take a few attempts to turn over. But she always does start. I always keep a battery charger connected to the Optima High Performance battery that was installed in late 2016.Once started,you would never guess that there is only a 4 cylinder under the hood. As the engine purrs along with a low pitched rumble.
This car is so much fun to go out in. Everyone loves it! You will get tons of smiles and thumbs up from both college students and foothills moms. The most common question asked: â€œwhat year is that?â€ Probably because a lot of the younger generations have never seen or are familiar with the 356 body style. Most people think itâ€™s the real deal. Believe it or not, I have had actual Porsche 356 owners, folks that own â€œrealâ€ 356â€™s, be fooled by itâ€™s authenticity. Since it is titled as a 1960 Volkswagen,which is where the subframe pan originated, you can opt for historic license plates, which adds to the mystery of whether its â€œreal?â€ Most of the time, I tell people that itâ€™s a re-creation. They usually couldnâ€™t care less and reply that itâ€™s such a COOL car. Either way, be prepared for the attention she draws!
If your looking for a super fast, muscle car, this is NOT it. Although it does have some get up and go, and is so much fun to carve through turns on curvy roads, it does not â€burn rubberâ€. And that is okay. This little Speedster is all about the fun factor and homage it pays to Porscheâ€™s original sports car design aesthetic of the 1950s. When this car was first designed, it was intended to be enjoyed by the â€œEvery Manâ€, thus the original 356s had less than 100 horsepower and were very affordable, not like todaysðŸ˜„
Iâ€™m happy to answer any questions, Andy: 520-66eight-59six4.Please only bid if you have the funds and are serious about following through if you are the high bidder.I highly encourage personal or professional inspection of the vehicle in person prior to bidding.
THANKS FOR LOOKING, GOOD LUCK!!