1961 Porsche 356 Coupe - Matching Numbers Well-Sorted/Mild Outlaw
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 356
- SubModel: 1600
- Type: Coupe
- Doors: 2
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 999,999
- VIN: 116848
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Porsche 356 1600Matching-numbers 1961 Porsche 356 coupe in great running condition. This is a well-sorted, urn-key car. I've given it a mild "outlaw" look but all the correct, riginal parts are included in the sale if the buyer would like to put back to a "stock" appearance.
This car contains almost all of it's original components including the original spare tire and rim (as noted on the car's Certificate of Authenticity it is a Firestone Phoenix tire that appears to be unused). The car was originally Fjord Green and was repainted red/orange prior to my purchase - the paint presents very well.
I am a long time Porsche 356 enthusiast and went through this car thoroughly.
All body panels including trunk lid, oors and engine lid are original and numbers-stamped with last 3 digits of VIN (848).
Almost all date-stamped components are also correct and date-matching including the gas tank, riginal spare rim, osch coil, DO gas gauge float, tarter, nd voltage regulator (generator is dated 1963).
The engine compartment retains it's unique (1961) and correct firewall insulation.
The engine was rebuilt prior to my purchase, nd runs excellently. Upgrades I discovered were big bore pistons and cylinders and an aluminum oil cooler. A compression test showed good compression between 120-135.
Major recent work includes rust repair using correct metal replacement panels to the battery box floor (the tow hook was replaced at this time), ear doglegs and closing panels behind rear longitudinal on driver's side. The underside has also been coated with Wurth product.
I've also installed a beautiful Sebring style exhaust made by Karmann Konnection in the UK. The unit was bead-blasted and coated in off-white prior to installation and has less that 200 miles on it since installed.
I also had much more work done and many more items restored or replaced (too many to list but I have all receipts and will include in sale), ncluding:
- Gas tank was removed, ealed with Red Kote and repainted with 2 stage epoxy (original style felt strips underneath tank and under straps)
- Original fuel petcock rebuilt
- Trunk compartment detailed/painted, ew rubber mat, ire strap bracket, ank hoses and ground strap
- Generator rebuilt/voltage regulator tested and calibrated
- Starter rebuilt
- Distributor rebuilt and detailed
- Horns rebuilt and refinished
- New Boge steering damper
- New Dunlop tires (with period-style stencils) and 4 wheel alignment
- New battery/NOS battery cover
- Engine components refinished correctly/with correct decals
- New bulbs throughout; headlights, nterior dome lights, urn signals, icense plate lights
- Rear vinyl interior panel restored
- Period "Moto Lita" steering wheel with vintage Porsche crest horn button
Original components included in the sale are; original steering wheel, ear bumperettes with funnels and horn grills. All in very good to excellent condition.
There's 139 more photos in a Photobucket gallery that I can email a link to interested parties.