1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) 2.5l
Price: US $10,950.00 Item location: Sunderland, Maryland, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Turbo
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 130,600
- VIN: WP0AA0955GN156614
- Color: Guard Red
- Engine size: 2.5L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Porsche 944 TurboUp for sale is a 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) with 130K miles that I owned since 2014. All of the costly maintenance items have been done which I detail below. I recently bought a Miata as my new project and need the garage space this winter.
Videos: Detailed pictures are linked to videos belowWalkaround:https://youtu.be/Hd7mjPxnw0c
- This car looks good. When I bought the car 4 years ago, it was recently painted. It has been stored in a garage ever since. It does have a few chips here and there but overall the paint is in great shape. Interior is in decent shape with Porsche script seats and door handles. Comes with staggered 17 inch Porsche Turbo Twists wheels and is stanced right.
- The timing belt change was done by the PO (with documentation). I have driven the car a total of <5000 miles. The belt is due every 30,000 miles as a precaution or 5 years (depending on who you talk to)
- 10-12 lbs of boost (stock) comes in at 3500-4000 rpm (via Lindsey boost enhancer), the car runs cool, the steering and the brakes work well. Zero vacuum leaks. No Turbo shaft play. Clutch is in good condition based on the Clark's Garage measurement method. I conducted a block test recently and the headgasket is good.
- It looks and drives great & you will get noticed. Even at +30 years old, it still turns heads.
- Since this car is from 1986 it costs me $150 a year to insure it as a second vehicle in Maryland.
- No AC (it has heat), no cruise control, no headlight washer function (I never plan to fix these)
- The sunroof does not work (can remove it manually), door weather stripping is functional but is old (no leaks).
- Passenger side mirror does not work (broken arm) internally. I use a stick-on wide angle mirror that works just fine.
- The temperature gauge sticks during start up but eventually corrects itself after a few minutes.
- Small power steering fluid and seeps oil.
- Clock does not work, has a few dash cracks, and has a few tears in the interior.
- Front valance & nose gaps are not perfect.
- I have the CARFAX and there was a reported odometer issue where it jumped from 86k to 54k to 74k in 1996. Mileage tracked well after that based on documentation and I tracked it ever since.
- I bought the car with a broken odometer gear and replaced it a few weeks after. The PO stated that this gear broke down several weeks before.
- When I bought the 944, I had to install the nose and repaint the front bumper. PO stated he was involved in a very minor accident (cosmetic, not structural) which CARFAX confirms. It does have a clean title. As mentioned above the fit of the nose and valance are not perfect.
Fixes - The previous PO had documentation. My fixes do not have documentation since I did the fixes myself.
3/2012 - 126K - Battery Replacement
4/2012 - 126K - Sensor, transmission service
10/2012 - 126K - Oil cooler line, balance shaft belt, front brake pads replaced, Aux fan switch, crank seal, oil pump sleeve, water pump o-ring, timing belt, brake pad sensor, parking brake service
10/2012 - 126K - new power steering pump, camshaft pulley
10/2012 - 126K 3rd brake light, rotate tires, cluster light, fixed high idle, sunroof (still broken but unsure why this was mentioned)
3/2013 - 126K - Rear axle assembly
6/2013 - 126K - horn
3/2014 - NEW OWNER (ME) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
3/2014 - 126K - installed idle set screw (high idle), & heater clip (heat was always on)
3/2014 - 126K - fixed odometer gear
4/2014 - 126K - replaced passenger side CV joint
5/2014 - 126K - installed Bursch exhaust
9/2014 - 126K. - painted side mirrors, nose plate, and front valance
10/2014 - 126K - DME Temp sensor replaced, water temperature sensor replaced, intake manifold gaskets replaced, oil cap ring, dip stick o-ring. (No more bad idle, fixed vacuum leak)
11/2014 - 127K - power steering belt, reservoir, hose replaced.
12/2014 - 127K - window switches replaced, new radio installed, shift boot installed
1/2015 - 127K - seats installed (from 924S Porsche Script seats)
5/2015 - 127K - clutch master, slave, and intermediate hose replaced
7/2015 - 127K- fixed fog lights, radiator fan connection fixed
8/2015 - 128K - replaced rear brake pads and bled brake system, replaced oil pressure sender,
7/2016 - 129K - balance shaft tensioner replaced
8/2016 - 129K - front swaybar bushings replaced
10/2016 - 129K - new battery and radiator fan sensor
11/2016 - 129K - sunroof inner and outer seal & clip
5/2017 - 129K - new alternator wire, replaced speed sensor, fixed rear hatch lock, cleaned drains, fixed cigarette lighter.
7/2017 - 129K - fixed front speakers (Pioneer), installed boost gauge, smoke test to uncover vacuum leaks, replaced spark plugs and spark plug wires. Replaced power steering line.
10/2017 - 129K - Replaced rear speakers with matching Pioneer speakers, added an external antenna.
11/2017 - 129k - Replaced Rear Hatch Seal.
3/2018 - Replaced intake J boot. No Turbo shaft play. Vacuum pulling @ 16-18 psi at idle. Cleaned passenger door locks and fixed passenger door handle.
4/2018 - 130k - Oil Change done with Valvoline VR1. Cleaned ALL electrical grounds
5/2018 - 130k - New Starter replaced. Replaced fuse to tail lights. Fixed 1 vacuum line by the battery.
9/2018 - 130k - Block tested (negative for head gasket leaks), replaced thermostat, radiator fan sensor (matched with thermostat), flushed and bled cooling system.
If you read this far, you probably are interested so let me know if you have any questions. I am based out of Sunderland, MD, which is 40 minutes from Annapolis & within an hour to 1-1.5 hours from Northern Virginia & DC.