1987 Porsche Carrera Widebody Racing Car
Price: US $49,500.00 Item location: DeLand, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: Carrera GT
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: BLACK
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 135,745
- VIN: WP0AB0912HS120232
- Color: MIDNIGHT BLUE
- Engine size: 3.45 LITER
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: 98 OCTANE
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: MANUAL 5 SPEED
- Interior color: BLACK
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Porsche Carrera GT BLACK1987 Porsche Carrera Widebody Racing CarRebodied to resemble/a tribute to 1975 RSR
This racing car is in "race ready" condition and is located near Daytona, Florida. Buyer is responsible for any shipping charges. Please call me for any questions at 954-830-3320. Or email me email@example.com.
Miscellaneous modifications:Seats Sparco Evo 2.6 pt. Harnesses (Schroth)Full cage tied in at 6 pts.Carbon fiber wing, custom uprights adjustable 0 degree to 5 degrees above ducktailQuick release hood and trunk pins/clasps, instruments in dash improvedAutometer Tech with shift lightOil pressure/temperature gageTransmission gear lube temperature gauge"hour" meter gaugeWevo ahort shifter, improved linkageFire extinguisherMechanical hood and trunk shaftsVitalone Sebring mirrorsLongacre Panoramic mirrorQuick release Momo steering wheelStarter button on dash as well as remote starter button in engine compartmentIndividual toggle switches for main electrical on/off, 2 individual switches for each timing box, toggle switch for fuel pumpLarge diameter RSR battery with kill switchLightweight Odyssey 925 battery with kill switchFuse and relay panel converted to ATO fuses
1987 Porsche Carrera Widebody ModificationsSuspension and brake modifications:
- 4 piston calipers front and rear from warly 1980s 930, running orange compound KFP pads on turbo rotors, front floating, all have cooling houses/ducting and air block-off plates on front hubs- Fabcar dual master cylinder running .055 fron Tilton piston. .700 rear piston fully adjustable balance beam to bias brakes to rear- Full ERP "935" front suspension arms and rear spring plates, heim joints, no torsion bars or urethane bushings. Much more adjustable toe, camber, and caster .- Full-adjustable Bilstein coil-overs, 400 lbs front, 600 lbs rear. ERP adjustable front and rear sway-bars with adjustable drop links.- Beefed up Elephant racing away-bar consoles.- Front strut towers reinforced with triangulated strut brace, master cylinder tied in. Rear strut towers gusseted and tied together.- Rolling stock, CCW wheels. 11x17 shod with 275/35/17, 13x17 shod with 315/335/30/17 Hoosier R7 or Sumitomo streets.
Engine, drive-line and cooling modifications:- Engine cases number matching to chassis. Origionally 3.2 liter enlarged to 3.45 liter, 10.9:1 comp ratio. Stroked Pauter connecting rods, 98mm JE pistons, JB racing cylinders, customized 964 crankshaft by Armando Ayala, CCR, mod s cams modified to 104 lobes, ground by Dima Elgin. Twin-plug conversion to heads and flow-porting by Competition Motorsports, GT3 Porsche oil pump, Clewitt Engineering timing gears and mail pully. Ignition: 2 MSD 6 AL2 boxes, 2 MSD blaster coils, JB racing twin-plug distributor, clock-wise drivecustom Magnecor plug wired, custom engine cover to aid cooling with 993 model/size cooling fan and alternator.PMO 50 carburetors for induction, ITB engine. Ceramic-coated Cox 6-2-1 exhaust. Stiffer bushings in transmission, and Kennedy Engineering hardened pressure plate. LSD in transmission and stronger billet side plate, running Delvac lube.- Front bumper mounted oil (RSR) coiler, oil tank relocated in front trunk Smuggler's box, all stainless AN-16 hose 993 oil filter at engine, front trunk (hydraulic) with AN-16 breather hose and custom catch can/filter, system running 17+ quarts of Joe Gribbs XP3.
Body Modifications:- Lexan rear quarter/rear windshield- Fiberglass flared front RSR fenders/rear RSR quarters- Fiberglass front hood, front bumper, rear bumper, rear engine lid with ducktail- Fiberglass doors with custom latch release, modified from 914 Porsche Targa latches- Tail-lights replaced by light weight "rain lights"- Custom front turn signals