1966 Porsche 912 project - desirable early 3 gauge dash, SWB, 5spd, Fuchs
Price: US $7,900.00 Item location: Castleton on Hudson, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 912
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 48,000
- VIN: 454931
- Color: Red (originally Irish Green)
- Engine size: Flat 4
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: white on black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Porsche 9121966 Porsche 912 project with desirable early 3 gauge dash, WB/short wheel bash, spd, nd Fuchs
The only reason this was originally parked 30 yrs ago was due to a noise in the engine, ltimately found to be a broken crankshaft.
Solid car (except for floorboards) with complete, ncracked glass. Heater boxes are surprisingly and happily rust-free! Battery box is solid with some surface rust. Some surface rust exists on the fenders and driver door (see pics) as well as in the "water trap" in the trunk lip as seen in the VIN tag pic.
Originally Irish Green (code 6606), as painted this zippy red at some time in its life. Some areas were poorly masked (e.g., ood & trunk latches, ody tag)
Comes with smooth shifting 5 spd and disassembled engine (have valve train ordered and numbered.)
Seats appear to be a recent re-furburish. Will need to be vacuumed/washed due to falling headliner material.
Oh, nd a sun visor is autographed by 912 (and other Porsches) racer Vic Elford. :-) Met him at Lime Rock Historics one year...
Door and side panels are in good condition. Dash pad/surround and rear deck will need some restoration attention also...
The big items that need attention:
- Needs engine rebuilt or replaced (original one was disassembled to diagnose issue (broken crankshaft), ave replacement used crankshaft. If interested, can put you in touch with a friend in NW CT who's selling a 912 long block.
- Needs floor pans replaced (suspected leaky windshield, ave replacement windshield gasket). Center hump is OK.
- Needs carpeting and headliner replaced
- Needs paint refreshed
Spare is an original Pirelli on chromed steel rim. Chrome trim is nice for age but there is some pitting.
Comes with clean Michigan title in my name.
Purchased it with full intention to restore and enjoy it but life got in the way. :-/ Just paring down the projects...