1990 Porsche 928 S4 with LS6 ZO6 corvette engine
Price: US $15,500.00 Item location: Alpine, Utah, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 928
- SubModel: S4
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 149,600
- VIN: WP0JB2922LS860375
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 5.7 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Linen
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: Sunroof, Leather Seats, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Porsche 928 S4Ok so here goes... Here is my 1990 Porsche 928 s4. Silver with linen and maroon interior, utomatic heavily optioned with 2004 corvette zo6 LS6 with approx 28k miles when I did the conversion about 3 years ago. Engine has about 40k miles now. Engine was Dyno ran and tuned with approx 419hp corrected. I bought 4 928's in an estate sale several years ago and turns out this one had a thrust bearing failure. So a renegade LS conversion kit was not necessarily the least expensive way to go but it was by far from a reliability, erformance and mpg mind set, t was the best choice for me. As you might know, he LS motor is almost 100lbs lighter, 00 more hp and half the green house emissions. Also FYI all the required emission components are present for easy smog certification. I have a video of the car on the Dyno and extra pictures. The car itself is very nice. Full power heated seats with leather surfaces. See option codes for all the details. Everything works... Ac blows cold, auges all work, indows, unroof etc. Dave lomas at slc Motorsports has put a fair amount of hours in this car fine tuning things I could not. Car has newer Carrera wheels and yellow stuff pads and duschtec shocks. Completely rust free as car spent its life in Napa California. Car shifts great can cruises as a 928 should. Last year I drove car from utah to Washington then down through Montana. I averaged 77 mph and 22.3 mpg. It really is a great car and I am torn to let it go but I have other projects that have taken my fancy and having the extra cash greases those skids. Things that need attention: 1) rear hatch buttons work but won't release gate so you have to use key. It's out of adjustment and nave not taken the time to fix as the key works fine. 2) stereo is ok, ut needs amp 3) front brake squeak occasionally due to performance pads. 4) as you can see in pic. Driver rear quarter has a small ding. I had a dent master company come remove it but didn't do such a great job. 5) small warble on passenger quarter from a friend helping me push it in garage. And right front rub trim has touchup paint on it.
6) under rear valance there is a crack in valance from a previous fender bender. Damage is only in facia not in bumper mechanism. I can send pic. Call me with any questions. I have about $10-12k in this conversion. Although renegade parts are only a few grand, otor and everything else adds up pretty quick. So I'm well in over 25k for the car. Which is ok because it was a blast to drive and there a no 928's in utah... And with the upgraded rims the younger crowd is perplexed not knowing the car... And with these modern updates it's a nice classic Porsche that people can and wonder how you fit a zo6 engine in a classic car. Text me if you want more pics and ill send them to you.