RARE 1988 Porsche 930 Turbo 911 Factory Slant Nose, 29K Miles, 1 of 278 Produced
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 930
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 911 Turbo Factory Slant Nose
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 29,090
- VIN: WP0JB0937JS050508
- Color: Guards Red
- Engine size: 3.3 Liters, 282 HP, 288 Torque
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Rear Wheel Drive
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Porsche 930 911 Turbo Factory Slant Nose
1988 Porsche 930s Code M505 Factory Slant Nose 911 Turbo Coupe -A Collectible Piece of Porsche History
- SUPER RARE - 1 Of Only 278 Produced For The US Market!
- 29,090 Original Miles inPristine Condition! 2 Owner Accident Free, Garage Kept, Rarely Driven, Clean Title
- Most Desired Color Combination: Guards Red Exterior / Black Leather Interior!
- Due to rarity of this vehicle, it is highly recommend that the buyer checks the car in person before making any offers. If you like to see the car in person please hit the contact button.
Costing nearly double the standard model, the Flachbau (German for Slant Nose) was rarely ordered. Before 1986, Porsche had offered the Flachbau body option out of its customer service department known as Sonderwunschen. This was a department created to customize new vehicles to a customer's personal taste, be it an unusual paint color or interior material or color to non-standard bodywork. These were handmade cars.
In the 1988 model year, these were produced with the M505 code for USA for an astounding $28,422 extra (See Original Window Sticker). The U.S. specification 930 was good for 282 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and a hefty 288 foot-pounds of torque at 4,000 rpm. The transmission was Porsche's sturdy Type 930/36 four-speed. Also available was a limited-slip differential at an additional cost.
What did the Flachbau package include? A new front end with a 935-like profile, which included the race car's flat nose, but with pop-up headlights on the widened and louvered front fenders' upper surfaces; radically widened rear fenders with straked air intakes; boxed rocker panels; and a large rear wing to accommodate the Turbo's requisite oversized intercooler. With a jump in horsepower, it's not surprising that the Slant Note was the fastest of all 930 models, reaching a factory claimed top speed of 157 mph. Acceleration was rated by the factory at 0-60 mph in 5.5 seconds. This is a true Factory Optioned M505 Slant Nose featuring a 6-cylinder engine with a 4-speed manual transmission.
Finished in desirable "Guards Red" with Black Leather Interior. 1 of only 278 930 Slant Nose Coupes produced in 1988 makes this a very sought-after car. With just over 29,000 miles from new, this 2 owner car is also optioned with factory sport seats with electric height control, limited slip differential, flat louvered fenders with pop-up headlamps, rear quarter panel vents, boxed rocker panels, stone guards, air conditioning, steering wheel with raised hub, Blaupunkt Reno radio, full power seats, tool kit, front end film, jack, alarm system, electric sunroof, velour carpet in the luggage compartment, and of course, the Slant Nose M505 Package. It sold new from a Porsche dealer in Charleston, SC for $96,718 (See Original Window Sticker).
Paperwork includes the original window sticker, service records and ownership history and all the manuals.
- 201 CID Engine
- 6 Cylinder, 3.3 Liters, 282 HP, 288 Torque, Air-Cooled, Aluminum Alloy, Overhead Cam, Rear-Mounted Engine with KKK Exhaust Turbocharger & Intercooler
- 4-Speed Manual Transmission
- 7J x 16 Forged Alloy Wheels, 205/55VR16 Tires - Front
- 9J x 16 Forged Alloy Wheels, 245/45VR16 Tires - Rear
- Anti-Theft Device For Wheels
- Power Windows
- Tinted Glass All Around
- 2-Stage Heatable Rear Window
- Heatable Windshield Washer Nozzles
- Windshield Antenna
- Blaupunkt Cassette Radio "RENO"
- 8 Loudspeakers
- Leather Interior
- Leather-Covered Steering Wheel
- Stabilizer Bars, Front & Rear
- Break Pad Wear Indicator
- Charge Air Cooling
- Boost Pressure Gauge
- Front & Rear Spoilers
- Heatable & Electrically Adjustable Outside Mirrors
- Integrated Fog Lights
- Headlight Washers
- 88 Amp/Hr Battery
- Central Locking System
- Automatic Heating Control
- Rear Window Wiper
- Front Seats W/Electric Height & Backrest Adjustment, Full Power
- Alarm System
- Air Conditioning
- Windshield W/Graduated Tint
From Original Window Sticker
- Guards Red Paint
- Leather/Leatherette Belt-Black
- With Electric Sliding Roof
- Sport Seat With Electrical Height Adjustment (Left & Right)
- Steering Wheel With Raised Hub $62.00
- Limited Slip Differential $791.00
- 930s Slant Nose Package $28,422.00
- Gas Guzzler Tax: $500.00
- Factory Installed Options & Accessories: $95,800.00
- Vehicle Preparation: $270.00
- Destination Charge: $648.00