porsche 944 Celebration Edition 1 of 250 made. Low miles Good Condition
Price: US $15,000.00 Item location: Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Celebration Edition
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 55,000
- VIN: WP0AB0949JN470584
- Color: Zermatt Silver
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Porsche 944 Celebration Edition1988 PORSCHE 944 Celebration Edition 1 of 250 made. Low miles. Good condition.
I purchased the car in December 2011. The reason for sale is that I don't use it much and only put on about 1000 miles per year. Currently the car has about 55,000 ORIGINAL MILES. The speedometer and odometer are working. The car is very clean. CLEAN TITLE.
I have all receipts since 2011. Timing belt service was done and some other related repairs. Since I have owned it I also installed a new alternator, stainless steel exhaust, new battery.
The tires and brakes are excellent.
Mechanically the car is excellent and runs strong and straight. 5-speed manual transmission shifts smoothly.
Comes with the commemorative coin located in the glove box.
CONS: The clear coat paint job is cracking. You can see that in the pics. Otherwise the body is straight with no rust. There is a small ding on the top of the driver side fender which can probably be easily removed using PDR.
The AC is currently not working and blows warm air. I tried charging it but it does not hold the charge. There is a potential leak or compressor needs to be changed.
The interior is clean there is a small blemish/tear on the driver side bolster and on the rear seat and carpet. It was fixed and looks OK.
The carpeting is clean but probably should be redyed or replaced.
OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY 1 of 250 made.
1988 944 "Celebration Edition"
PORSCHE CODE M757 or 757
By 1988 sales were falling dramatically, with the production down by nearly a third from 1987. Howerver, this only encouraged Porsche to celebrate the 944 breaking all the company's previous sales records. To mark the 100,000th car rolling off the Neckarsulm production line, a limited edition was made available in either Zermatt Silver or Satin Black Metallic.
These Celebration models- effectively standard cars brought up to a very high specification, featured black leatherette, the attractive grey or maroon "STUDIO" cloth and silver and grey carpeting. The new split rear seat backs were included, along with automatic heating control and removable electrically tilting sunroof. Wheels were the optional 7J front and 8J rear “telephone dials”, fitted with 205/55VR16 and 225/50VR16 tires respectively. Integral fog lamps were also fitted at the front. US models did not have the rear “944” logo found on the cars for other markets.
- Production: 880-930
- Production date: July 1987 to September 1987.
- Factory order number: M757
- Produced to celebrate the 100000th Porsche 944 rolling of the Neckarsulm production line.
- Production of black version: 100 to West Germany, 250 to US, 73 to RoW.
- Production of silver version: 100 to West Germany, 250 to US, 157 to RoW.
- 30 cars to UK.
- In US it was launched as the "944 Special Edition" celebrating the 250000th Porsche 911 produced.
- Also called "944 Studio" and "944 (Silver) Anniversary".
- Priced at DM65900.
- Two different paintings were available: Zermatt Silver metallic and Satin Black metallic.
- Integral fog lamps at the front.
- Removable electrically tilting sunroof.
- Side strips between the wheels.
- Rear window wiper.
- Front wheels: 16" 7J telephone dials with 205/55VR16
- Rear wheels: 16" 8J telephone dials with 225/50VR16
- Black leatherette, grey/maroon 'Studio' cloth and silver grey carpeting.
- A plaque in the car.
- Split rear seats backs.
- Automatic heating control.
LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. I will only consider shipping if the buyer is willing to pay all costs and organize the logistics of shipment.
****The production period of the models in Zermatt Silver went a month longe, 07/87-09/87.