1989 Porsche 928GT Red/Black 5 Speed Pristine One of the Best Out There
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 928
- SubModel: GT
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 94,000
- VIN: WP0JB0929KS861171
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 326HP 5 Liter V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Sunroof, Leather Seats, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Porsche 928 GT1989 Porsche 928GT Red/Black 5 Speed Pristine One of the Best Out There
I am pleased to offer this very special 1989 Porsche 928GT. This '89 928GT is by far one of the nicest 928's in existence today. It is owned by a very astute collector who purchases only the best cars. I have known this individual personally for many years. Mileage is approx. 94,XXX +/- well cared for miles. Car is in pristine condition. VIN is WP0JB0929KS861171.
- Sunroof, orks well
- Separate A/C unit in the back seat area, orks well
- New stereo/CD player
- Car cover
- Tires are in good shape
- Serviced within last 2 months
- K&N air filter
- Stock wheels refinished - beautiful condition
- 928 service manual
- Porsche air compressor
- Porsche 1989 GT sales brochure (German language) and various additional 928 literature
Factor options include:
· 220 - 40% Limited Slip
· 393 - Forged Alloy Wheels
· 474 - Sport Suspension
· 481 - 5-speed transmission
· 639 - 1989 928 GT
Everything in working order, n pristine condition, o faults.
You'll notice that some tasteful modification have been performed. For example:
- Momo steering wheel
- GTS body color rear wing (original wing included)
- GTS side mirrors (originals not included)
- Body side moulding removed for a more sleek look
- Battery cut off switch added to save the battery when not in use for long periods of time
- If the new owner wanted to put everything back to stock, he parts are included (original wing, teering wheel etc.)
This Porsche was treated (Feb 2012) to a $10,000 photo-documented/ full paint restoration at a Porsche facility (including new rubber seals throughout).
The 1989 928GT is THE PORSCHE factory 928 hotrod and was differentiated from the 928 S4 and GTS in the following ways:
· High Output M28/47 engine rated @ 326HP (S4 is rated @ 316 hp)
· Rolled fender lips front and rear
· Lightened twin outlet exhaust
· Shorter shift lever
· Different intake (factory hand ported)
· GT camshafts (come alive after 4000 rpm)
· 17 mm rear wheel spacers
· Short ratio manual transmission
· Palloid cut ring and pinion (as per the 959 race car) w/2.73 gearing vs. 2.2 on the 928 S4
· Wheels are 8”x16”(front) and 9”x16”(rear) "Club Sport" 60mm offset with 225/50 16(front) and 245/45 16(rear) tires
Being much lighter and sportier than the 928 GTS, he ’89 GT is the must have 928 for the true performance minded enthusiast.
According to my research (cannot confirm), total of 1626 928 GT's were produced and 2735 GTS's were produced during their respective production runs. In 1989, nly 369 928 GT's were produced making this car a very rare find.
Comments from Rennlist Members About this Car
- "Have seen this car in person and it is an absolutely stunning example!"
- "Absolutely fabulous '89 GT. Love it"
- "This is a glorious car"
- I have known this car for many, any years, nd am not aware of any 928 that was more pampered than this one. I'm sure the new owner will not be disappointed by it!"
1989 Porsche 928GT - Red/Black 5 Speed Mint Condition
Includes Stock Parts plus Extras
Extra Engine Picture
- A very rare '89 928GT (1 of 369 for 1989)
- Beautifully presented in pristine condition
- Nice GTS cosmetic upgrades
- Well documented service history - up to date with servicing
I have not personally inspected this vehicle. I am relying on the pictures and descriptions provided by the seller. I can tell based on pictures and conversations with the owner that this 928GT is in beautiful condition and likely one of the best examples available today.
Please feel free to ask questions prior to bidding. I will make sure to get every question answered in a timely basis.
I invite and encourage any interested party to inspect this car in Manhattan, Y. Seeing is really believing.
Take advantage of proxy bidding: Don't loose the vehicle at the last minute! There have been many people who have lost bids in the past because they were not familiar with proxy bidding. When you bid, id the maximum amount that you are willing to spend on the vehicle. Each time someone bids higher than your last bid, Bay will automatically increment your bid by the minimum bid amount until it reaches your maximum. Don't get stuck loosing a good deal!
Testimonials - Bid with Confidence
Read what a buyer has to say about the quality of my service after he purchased a great 1988 Lotus Esprit S4 Turbo "AAA+++, his is the way Ebay is supposed to work. Everybody is happy!!! Thanks."
Read what a buyer has to say about the quality of my service after he purchased a beautiful 1970 Mercedes 280SL. "My acquisition of a vehicle with Ron conducting the transaction went without a single problem. The description of the car was complete, nformative and quite accurate. There were no surprises. All my questions and concerns were promptly addressed. His attention to details continued beyond the actual sale until the car was safely in my garage. As a new buyer I had only a positive experience and recommend him to the eBay community without reservation."
Read what another buyer had to say when he received his 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham. "Car better than expected, on is prompt, riendly and honest, ighly Recommend!!"
Read what another person who purchased an '88 Mercedes 560SL had to say "Thanks, on, or your prompt, ourteous and honest service. I've been looking for the right '88-'89 MB 560SL for the past three years - you found it for me! I couldn't be more pleased with the responsive, ighly professional manner in which you handled my special needs. I'll buy from you again".
Contact Ron Susser
Legal Information And Disclaimer
Vehicles & Other Items
This item or vehicle is being sold as is, here is with no warranty, xpressed written or implied unless there is a warranty in effect from the factory. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, uthenticity, enuineness, r defects herein, nd makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, mperfection, efect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, nd to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle or item.
Seller reserves the right not to sell to any bidder with 0 or negative feedback or to any bidder for any reason. 10% (non-refundable deposit) in certified funds or bank to bank wire transfer is due within 2 business days of auction end and balance is due within 7 business days of auction end. Buyer is responsible for cost of shipping but seller may be able to assist in arranging shipping. I can be reached at (630) 567-0066 to discuss the item. Please see my other auctions for high quality new and used vehicles and other quality collectibles.
Remember that your bid constitutes a legally binding contract to purchase this item. If you require an inspection, ave it done prior to bidding. I strongly encourage all bidders to inspect vehicle personally or enlist the services of a professional inspector prior to placing a bid. After the sale, nspections are not recognized as a contingency to completing your obligation to your winning bid. If there are any questions regarding the above terms, lease e-mail prior to bidding. Serious bidders only please. Good luck!
Copyright 1999-2015 RonSusser. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks, ames, nd anything else implied in this document are owned and protected by their respective owners.