1976 Porsche 914 2.0 - silver/black fuel-inj survivor meticulously maintained
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 914
- Type: Targa
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 152,412
- VIN: 4762900318
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 2.0
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 Porsche 914
You're looking at 1976 914 2.0 that I've owned for 21 years (3rd owner). Looks great and runs great. Interior and seats are perfect: no cracks, wrinkles or flaws.
- Beautiful numbers-matching car with 153,000 miles
- Perfect to drive and show as is -- OR take it to the next level with a total restoration
- Very lightly driven and always garaged last 21 years -- never driven in snow, rarely in rain
- Meticulously maintained with regular major tune-ups and upgrades ($1000s of Auto Atlanta parts, etc.)
Car has been meticulously maintained. Whatever it needed, was done. No deferred maintenance. ALWAYS reliable mechanics with Porsche experience/expertise. As a Pennsylvania car, it has had yearly safety inspections for tires, brakes, lights, and general condition.
Car comes with:
- Complete service records (all invoices)
- Original air filter (can be easily reinstalled)
- Original window sticker and manuals
YouTube video here: https://youtu.be/iruN0f94CjY
More photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/62n26r02gm9oirn/AADeyS2jlhJfbViLmdYibXDPa
- 2016 -- Major tune-up (ignition cap, rotor, wires, plugs, coil) and valve adjustment. New rocker panels. Rebuild speedometer and new speedometer cable.
- 2015 -- New front and rear struts, ignition switch and turn-signal assembly.
- 2014 -- New Empi wheels and rear coil springs; 4-wheel alignment.
- 2012 -- New front nose panel.
- 2008 -- MSDS High-Flow cone air filter. Major overhaul: new oil switch, shifter bushings, accelerator cable, rear suspension bushings, CV axle, other parts.
- 2003 -- New front rotors, front wheel bearings, rear calipers, fuel lines, accelerator cable return spring.
- 2002 -- New fuel injectors, fuel-injection trigger points and sway bar bushings.
- 2001 -- Pentronix Compu-fire electronic ignition.
- Other -- Halogen headlights, Hella horns, replace oil cooler seals (car DOES NOT LEAK oil), new tie rods, fuel lines, rear crank seals, clutch cable, engine mounts, window/frame seals, etc., etc.
- Bodywork at top corner of both front fenders, just below windshield posts (see photos): Driver's side was done in 2000; has looked like that for years. Passenger side was done 2012; developed bubbles almost immediately. Someday I guess this work will have to be redone.
- Radio / cassette player: LCD readout has failed so you can't tune the radio except by ear.
Originally purchased from Holbert's Porsche + Audi of Doylestown -- now Warrington Porsche; Holbert's was one of the first US Porsche dealers; Bob and Al were race drivers, etc.
Owner years & miles driven:
- 1st owner: '76-'83, approx 80K miles
- 2nd owner: '83-'95', approx 55K miles
- 3rd owner (me): '95-present, approx 17K miles
2nd owner repainted, replaced mirrors, seals and other cosmetics.
ABOUT THIS DEAL / TRANSACTION
Please don't bid if you don't know about 914s and/or what you're doing.
Happy to answer any questions about the car. However, I know nothing about shipping the car or stuff like that. Ebay recommends Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS).
Let me know if you want to arrange to inspect the car. It's an hour north of Philadelphia.
If you win the auction, we can figure out how to complete the transaction. No legalistic mumbo-jumbo. No stress, no hassles.