1989 Porsche 944 S2 Coupe 2-Door 3.0L NO RESERVE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: S2 Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 157,097
- VIN: WP0AB2940KN452634
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 3.0L 2999CC l4 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Porsche 944
For sale is my 1989 Porsche 944 S2
This car has been a treat to own and drive, but the time has come to sell. The car runs and drives well, the exterior and interior are in decent shape, but it requires numerous mechanical and cosmetic fixes that I don't have time for. Having the car sit mostly unused in the damp Pacific Northwest is accelerating many of the issues.
The car was purchased from the previous owner in October 2009 in Philadelphia with 143,418 miles. It was then daily driven for one year in Washington DC, after which it was shipped to Washington State to be used as a vacation car. As a vacation car it was driven for 2 months out of the year, mostly during Summer and Christmas. It currently has 157,097 miles.
As mentioned, the car needs mechanical and cosmetic work and is being sold as-is. I make no guarantees as to the condition you receive it in. It is possible there are issues with this car that I am not aware of. The following is my best attempt at summarizing and documenting the various issues that need to be addressed:
- Front main engine seal leaks oil after being ran
- Oxygen sensor needs to be replaced
- Brake light is on and brake pads are low. Unsure if rotors need to be replaced or not.
- Cruise control not functioning
- Central locks not functioning
- Alarm not functioning
- AC needs recharge
- Passenger side door can only be unlocked from within the car.
- Numerous scratches throughout exterior
- Major tears on driver seat
- Minor tears on passenger seat
- Cracks in dashboard
- Aftermarket head unit and speakers
- Crack in front windshield
- Rear hatch carpet warping
- Power rear hatch release not functioning
- Sunroof does not sit flush (no leaks)
- Headliner is half gone
- Tires are in good shape with ~75% tread left
- Odometer was broken between Summer 2015 and 2016. It was replaced in August.
Additional details and specific photos available upon request.
Additional photo available here:
If you're not picking up locally, you can either have the car picked up from my house or I can arrange to drop the car off in Seattle or Tacoma for terminal based shipping. Link to additional photos