1974 Porsche 914 LE CAN AM Targa 2.0L FACTORY LIMITED EDITION BUMBLEBEE, RARE!
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 914
- Type: Coupe
- Doors: 2 Doors
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 40,775
- VIN: 4742914890
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.0L MID ENGINE
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Porsche 914
Is there any sports car manufacturer that’s remained truer to its heritage than Porsche? The brand has single-handedly built an 80 plus year legacy out of performance minded engineering while designing some of the most endearing cars ever produced. And today, as one of the most well respected car companies on the planet, they enjoy a tremendous following that has spawned a positively gigantic support system. Not surprisingly, the value of their early models, like this rare 1974 914 LE, is starting to go through the roof! And if you’re a serious sports car collector who is looking for the perfect investment opportunity or someone who just wants something that’s classy, different and fun, the time to buy is RIGHT NOW. As one of only 1,000 1974 914LE to roll down Porsche’s assembly line, this 914 LE is the beneficiary of a repaint a few years ago, and still looks beautiful today, which is testament to its original drive-train and all original sheet-metal. Are you a savvy gear head who’s looking for a cool car that will bring years of enjoyment and excellent long-term appreciation? This classic Porsche is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
We are pleased to offer this ultra rare 1974 Porsche 914LE with Can Am option. Only 1000 were produced in 2 color combinations. This is the black car with yellow accents known as the “Bumblebee.” Very few remain today and of those, very few are in the condition of this one presented here. VIN # is 4742914890. Mileage shows 40,775 miles (believed to be accurate).
According to the pictured engine tag, the car has a correct non #’s matching 2.0 liter motor.
According to the owner:
This 1974 Porsche 914 LE is in absolutely amazing condition inside and out. Reportedly they only made 1,000 total LE units, 500 of which were in this color. After reviewing the LE registry it appears there are less than 10 in the US that are even close to the condition of this vehicle. There are a few more overseas, but this is clearly one of the few left and they RARELY come up for sale. The only reason I am selling is that I have another vehicle in mind that requires me to part with one of my 4 Porsches.
LESS THAN 1% OF ALL 914’S EVER BUILT WERE LIMITED EDITION CAN AMS (1,000) – EVEN RARER THAN THE LEGENDARY 914-6 OF WHICH 3,351 WERE SOLD (MORE THAN THREE TIMES AS MANY)
The body on the car is in excellent shape with recent paint. There are no signs of rust anywhere on the car (undercarriage to floors to battery compartment and so on). All mechanicals work and the car starts, idles, and runs perfectly. The interior is in excellent condition and includes brand new Coco Mats, replacement sun visors, a new center console unit, new interior light, custom car cover and many more!
A little bit about the history of the Porsche 914LE:
Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) states that there are two essential features required of all authentic Porsche 914 Limited Edition cars; 1.) The exterior paint color scheme of either U1V9 (which this one is) or U2V9, and 2.) Optional Equipment Package M-778 (Can Am Equipment). Both of these items appear on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) that I have for the car and the importance of documenting these two required items cannot be overemphasized.
This Porsche has a black (L04I) body / sunflower yellow (L13K) accent – ‘Bumblebee’ The corresponding paint number is U1V9. Black body paint color was always an additional cost special option on standard 914 Porsche cars, but was included as a standard component on the black 914 LE cars.
This LE is equipped with the Can Am Optional Equipment Package M-778. A few of those details are listed below:
· 914 Can Am front spoiler Specially-designed for the 914 Can Am Equipment Package, the front spoiler is a unique part on the 914 Can Am cars not originally available on standard 914s. The spoiler is of much better quality and detailing than the common aftermarket 914 LE front air dams of similar shape, and is fully molded on all surfaces.
· 914 Limited Edition side stripes: Before the introduction of the 914 Porsche Can Am cars, Porsche 914 side stripes were of the ‘positive’ lettered design style, as an optional dealership accessory and in black and white only. The negative-lettered 914 Limited Edition side stripe design, which is the most popular 914 side stripe even today, was designed and produced as a special component of the 914 Can Am Equipment Package.
· Alloy Wheels: Mahle (4-bolt) cast aluminum wheels, including the spare in the front trunk, with painted wheel centers in the matching accent color. This car also comes with two extra rims.
· Appearance Group Equipment: Foglights, center console with clock, oil temperature and voltmeter gauges, leatherette steering wheel, leather shiftlever boot, and center seatpad. The Targa bar vinyl and lower bright metal trim were deleted and bumpers are painted, not chromed.
· 2.0L engines: All 914 LE cars have 2.0L fuel-injected engines.
She is ready to go and just in time for the Fall Driving season. These don’t come up that often!