Classic 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (951)
Price: - Item location: Tucson, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- SubModel: Turbo
- Type: Hatchback
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 172,547
- VIN: WP0AA2950HN150426
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 8 valve SOHC in-line 4, 220 bhp @ 6000 rpm
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Porsche 944 TurboAlmost impossible to find a turbo in this condition. This car is stunning metallic black, and incredibly fun to drive. One of only 3000 brought to US in 1987. Originally from Texas, purchased in 2000 where it lived in Southern California for 13 years, then three years in Tucson. Always garaged. Start it up and listen to the whine of the turbo, just itching to get going. Strong engine, five speed, turbo charged 4-cylinder. Almost perfectly balanced from front to rear (51/49), it hugs the road, especially when powering into a corner. Power steering, power brakes.
The 1987 Porsche 944 (Turbo) was the first production automobile in the world to include dual air bags. Original leather seats (driver’s seat is a bit worn), original carpeting in excellent shape. Rear has the retractable tonneau cover. Rear seats fold down flat to provide lots of space. Original tool kit included. All manuals, including owner’s, Haynes repair, and 944 tips. Radio was replaced with an AM/FM Alpine with single CD. Works great. Includes an in-dash CD holder (also have the factory original tray). Ground effects included as well. Yokohama tires have plenty of tread. Original phone dial wheels repainted and powder-coated. New hood-emblem, turbo name plate and Porsche sticker on the back.
Have all maintenance records since 2000. Timing belt was changed in 2000, then again 30,000 miles later. If you’ve ever had a 944, it’s SOP to change the timing belt every 30,000 miles. AC system has new expansion valve, o-rings, clutch and a rebuilt rebuilt compressor, fully intact, needs service. Only serviced by certified Porsche trained mechanics. No accidents; straight and true.
• Electric sunroof (raise, lower, remove entirely)• Retractable headlamps, and driving lights (all work)• Professionally tinted windows in perfect condition (no bubbling)• Power windows and door locks (driver power lock doesn’t work)• Power side view mirrors• Power hatch release (hatch hydraulic cylinders need to be replaced)• Newer wiper blades on front (rear wiper intact: needs service)• Manual transmission, 5speed• Always garaged; never a daily driver• 172547 miles (currently)