1986 Porsche 944 Coupe 5 Speed Manual
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 121,442
- VIN: WP0AA0945GN457455
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.5L 2475CC l4 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Sunroof, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Porsche 944DESCRIPTION
- For sale a 1986 Porsche 944 Coupe with 5 speed manual transmission. All original example for someone looking to restore a unmodified car. Driven couple times to work during the week. Great for restoring or make into track car. Does need TLC. It is currently not registered and is on PNO (Planned Non Operation) in California so no past due penalties. Registration Fee for California is $95. Comes with a clean and clear title. Selling as is. New buyer is responsible for doing smog and renewing registration. If out of state buyer. Shipping paid by buyer. Selling at No Reserve!! Highest bidder takes it. Whatever that maybe.
2.5 liter 4 cylinder motor. Starts right up and holds good idle. Just did fresh tune up with new spark plugs, new cap and rotor, new reference sensor, new crank sensor. Does need motor mounts. Still has the original ones. No over heating issues and fans work correctly. Just replaced fan relays.
Factory 5 speed manual transmission. Clutch still grabs very well, but I've don't know if its ever been changed so I am assuming its still the original one. When I drive I do hear the drive shaft make certain clank noise sometimes, but doesn't hinder the car from driving. I'm told it could possibly be a rubber attachment that needs to be replaced. The shifter feels sloppy and needs replacing. Common issue with the 944.
Tan cloth interior with Porsche script on the seats. Very good condition still. Carpet is in very good condition and is clean.
- PAINT AND BODY
Original paint with no signs of repaint or accidents. All original still. Does have a couple of dents on lower drivers side rocker panel and drivers side front fender. The paint is showing its age and has worn out areas where it has thinned out from years of buffing.
- WHEELS AND TIRES
Factory 15" phone dial wheels. Tires show good tread, but are getting old and need replacing due to age.
- ELECTRICAL AND ACCESSORIES
Factory A/C system does not work, but the fan still works. Power windows work great so do the mirrors. The drivers side mirror needs the mirror glass replaced. Power sunroof works also. Power seat adjustments also work. The rear hatch release also works, but the hatch struts are worn out so you need another person to help open at the same time. The front hood struts need replacing as well.
Original factory exhaust system in great shape
- SUSPENSION AND BRAKES
Just replaced front struts. Rears shocks are still original I believe. New front brakes also just done. Rear brakes are at 20%.