1985 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet - Whale Tail, Limited Slip Diff, ready to go
Price: US $22,500.00 Item location: Madison, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- SubModel: Cabriolet
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 132,321
- VIN: WP0EB0910FS171047
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 3.2
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Porsche 911 Cabriolet1985 Porsche 911 Cabriolet
After enjoying this car for about 5 years, I'm getting ready to move on to something else. This car is great to drive and with some cosmetic work, would be a solid investment. I'd keep it but have too many other project cars with more sentimental value. It is currently being driven until it finds a new home so the mileage may increase slightly.
- 3.2 Air cooled flat six
- Aftermarket 911Chips performance software chip (stock chip also included)
- Magnecore Red performance spark plug wires
- Limited Slip Differential
- Whale Tail
- Flared fenders
- Powered Windows
- Powered Locks
- Powered Rear View Mirrors
- Powered Drivers Seat (up/down currently does not work)
- Fog Lights
- Air conditioning (Currently belt disconnected)
- 80s car alarm (Currently disconnected as well)
- Throttle body
- Spark plugs and wires
- Oil and battery changed less the 200 miles ago, oil was changed yearly
- Tires front and back, good amount of tread left
- Rebuilt rear calipers and installed new pads/rotors
- Heater fan
- Air filter
- Overall the car is a ready to drive and is actively driven
- The car pulls strong off the line and has only left me sit once (bad starter which was replaced)
- Clutch grabs solid and the transmission can be finicky if your not use to old 911s
- Limit slip diff works perfect
- Brakes stop hard
- All gauges work except for the clock
- No issues with lights, powered locks, powered rear view mirrors or windows
- Hood shocks hold trunk and whale tail fine
- Up down on drivers seat does not work but other control does
- Heater works as good as an air cooled car can
- If the car is left for to sit for 3 to 4 weeks, there will be some oil smoke at start which goes away. This is fairly common for older horizontally opposed motors but thought I would mention. If you drive it ever couple weeks, you won't notice it.
- There is a slight hesitation if you drive the car at half throttle (ex. 30 mph traffic ). This is not present if having fun on back country roads. It is hardly noticeable but worth mentioning. It may be a side affect of the after market chip.
- The battery does drain if you leave it sit for a couple weeks without driving it. A battery tender keeps it ready to go.
- As expected with old air cooled motors there is some oil seepage but not enough to drip. I did not have to add oil between changes. Most of it is around the timing chain covers.
- Overall the cosmetic of the car is tired. I enjoyed driving the car and focused mostly on the mechanical condition. This car would be a solid car with a carpet kit and some paint
- The paint is ok from 5 foot. There are some chips on the hood and paint cracks (pictured) around the mirrors. These could be touched up or left depending on how particular you are
- The interior is shot. The both seats are torn (pictured) and the carpet is faded. There is a crack in the dash.
- Other then that everything else is ok, a carpet kit, dash cover and seat covers would make this car shine.
- The convertible top is probably original and seeps if rained on for too long. I really only enjoyed the car in sun so never recoated or replaced.
- The body is in good condition with no signs of an accident.
- The only issue with the body is the rocker panel was dented at one time by a two post lift. This could be reworked or replaced with little cost.
I will show the car if you can meet me in the central Virginia area. Please ask any questions you may have before bidding.
Conditions of Sale, Please Read Carefully Before Bidding:
- The car is being sold strictly as-is. Once the sale is complete, it is yours. This is a 30 year old car and you should expect all the "joys" that go with that. Buyer will be provided a bill of sale and will have to sign one for seller
- Title is clear and in hand ready to sign over.
- I have tried to describe the car to the best of my knowledge. At pick-up I will take you for a drive to get a feel for the car. I will also gladly put it up on a lift for inspection. You will have an option to opt out of purchase if the car is not as described.
- $500 is due via Paypal within 48 hours of close of sale. Remainder can be cash or verifiable cashier check at pickup (preferably from a bank within the area)
- I reserve the right to reject bidders with feedback below 10
I will not answer questions like "What's your reserve". Message me if you want to discuss and I will gladly provide a phone number.