1977 Porsche 924 Track Car
Price: US $710.00 Item location: Massapequa Park, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 924
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1977
- Engine size: 2.0L 1983CC l4 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Safety options: 6 point roll cage
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Porsche 9241977 Porsche 924 Track Car
3 time LeMons veteran race car. Finished every event it ran. Received Judges' Choice Award at 2010 "Capitol Offense" at Summit Point. The car is slow, but bulletproof. Even with 4 year old fuel in the tank, it fires up immediately.
Between 2010 and 2012, we completed the following repairs and additions:
- 6 point rollcage
- 4 pole kill switch
- Adjustable racing seat
- New oversize VW Passat front calipers
- New front rotors
- New rear cylinders
- Rebuilt master cylinder
- New front struts
- New rear shocks
- Rear sway bar
- Oversize '78 front sway bar
- New clutch, throwout bearing, and pressure plate
- Mikuni bike carb conversion
- Cleaned and sealed fuel tank
- New tires
- Rewired everything aft of firewall and downstream from fuse/relay panel
- Lexan windshield
To be track worthy again, it could use the following TLC:
- Thorough carb cleaning The bowls are leaking fuel, probably from stuck float valves due to 3 year old fuel and varnish. Leaky carbs are a serious fire hazard, so cannot stress this enough.
- Fuel system flush It runs, but it's 4 years old.
- Brake flush They work fine but it's 5 year old fluid.
- Oil Change Cause why not?
Here is a video of it starting up in April after 3 years -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphprAAQrUQ
And here's a blog highlighting the buildout -- http://porschenator.tumblr.com/
No title, bill of sale only. $200 due from winning bidder within 24 hours of auction ending. This is a no reserve auction. Vehicle is advertised locally and auction may be ended early.