1958 Porsche 356A Super 1600 Reutter Coupe, Silver, 356 1600S, Kardex & COA
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 356
- SubModel: 1600 Super
- Type: U/K
- Trim: Super
- Year: 1958
- Mileage: 850
- VIN: 103370
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 1.6L 1582CC 97Cu. In. H4 GAS Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: U/K
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1958 Porsche 356 1600 Super1958 Porsche 356A 1600 Super Reutter Coupe / Metallic Silver
Includes Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and Kardex
Previous Owner: Peter Brittingham, 356 Restorer and Racer in Connecticut. Includes a binder of extensive photo documentation, magazine articles, receipts, DMV records and many awesome photos of the vintage races that this 356 has competed in, including the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and Lime Rock Historic Festivals.
Straight original body. No visible rust. Drives strong and true. Regrettably selling her and it pains my heart to do so.
Mileage on car at time of partial restoration in 2006: 98,420 miles
Car was finished 850 miles ago by previous owner
Converted to 12V
Engine is Non-Matching, has velocity stacks & remote oil cooler
356 went through recent maintenance by Briarcliff Classics in Briarcliff Manor, NY and Parkhaus Porsche Motors in Miami, FL this year. Over $3k in mechanical service receipts including:
- complete rebuild of carburetors
- new shifter ball socket
- valve adjustments, replace valve cover gaskets
- new fuel sender
- new passenger rubber door seal
- new racing lap belts, etc.
- battery quick disconnect
She is in excellent mechanical condition ready to show, drive or race. All lights (headlamps, tail lights, reverse light, etc) tested and working great.
Bumpers were removed by previous owner but a set of unrestored bumpers for a 1958 356A is included (not installed, but pictured in external gallery link below).
Includes a restored jack and a perfect reproduction tool kit (un-opened, pictured) and a 356A reproduction drivers manual.
Cosmetic disclaimers (see photos):
- There are two small paint blisters on the hood near the "P" of "PORSCHE" Script.
- There is a dent on the right front fender.
- There is a small chip on the passenger side of the front windshield.
- Crack in plastic floor mat near clutch pedal.
- There are a few other small dents & scratches (mostly on the right front fender) that are visible in the photograph archive and are noticeable from a few feet away.
- Oil temp gauge is not currently connected.
- Inside upper door sill paint is chipped on passenger side.
Safely stored, covered and on battery tender at a top grade classic car storage facility. Driven weekly (usually on Sundays, to a local Cars & Coffee meet-up or just for a coffee run) in the morning by me for a few miles.
Tons of soul and spirit. I am usually skeptical of the word patina when used to talk about cars but if any 356 has some well earned patina from it's racing history, this one does.
Not in perfect cosmetic condition but she is strong mechanically, a documented vintage racing history and she is a rare 1958 356A 1600S Metallic Silver Coupe! What is not to love?
Over 75 more photos organized by (Exterior, Interior, Records & Vintage Racing History) available to view at this gallery.
Correct stamp "103370" in Trunk Area Floor
Correct stamp "70" visible on Trunk Lid Hinge
Correct stamp "103 370" in Door Jamb
Correct stamp "370" seen through Rear Engine Grill
I will try to accommodate all reasonable requests, please write with any questions. My 356 is available for viewing prior to the end of the auction in Miami. Just contact me and I will arrange a time to view.
Thank you -