NYC AUTO SHOW CAR - AMARANTH VIOLET / Dark, Royal Purple (1 of 5 in this color)
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 968
- SubModel: Cabriolet
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Base Convertible 2-Door
- Doors: 2
- Year: 1994
- Mileage: 86,000
- VIN: WP0CA2969RS840373
- Color: AMARANTH VIOLET - Dark, Royal Purple
- Engine size: 4
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gas
- Transmission: DUAL Mode - Clutchless Shift (TIPtronic) - Both Auto + Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
- Interior color: Marble Grey with Black Dash
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags
- Options: Cassette Player, CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1994 Porsche 968 CabrioletRecords, tools, boot and trophies included. Required 90K service completed.
Ice cold air conditioning; hot heater. Extra set of keys, customized carpets (see pix).
Everything works. Turn-key car; ready for new owner.
Preserved factory original. No modifications to engine or body whatsoever.
Basically driven as a show car.
Please check carfax:
1) No accidents with this vehicle. I did report back in 2003 a 4-inch scratch which was sanded by hand and touched up by an expert Porsche restorer.
2) There have not been any emission problems. I have the records since ownership at DMV inspection stations. Passed every year since ownership, 2002.
3) The paperwork reflects that I am the 3rd owner. I purchased the car in 2002.
Please ask any questions you may have.
NOTE: Car was driven every year of my ownership between April and October to local, regional and national car shows.. I stored the car every year from November through April or May, depending if April was rainy or not. Overall, the car was driven in the Spring, Summer and early Fall.
The car was produced (9/93) specifically for the NYC Auto Show. This is a Porsche display car. It is from the "EXCLUSIV programme". Please view the photos with the production codes verifying same.
This is ONE of only TWO North American-bound 968s ever produced with the OPTIONAL Rootwood Dash Trim which was approx. a $2000 option for model year 1994. The car also has the TIPtronic dual-shift tranny (has both clutchless shift & auto modes) which was approx. a $1000 option for model year 1994.
This car appeared on the cover of 9 MAGAZINE. It also won LADIES CHOICE, 1st Place at the Fairfield County Concours D'Elegance. So it is a chick magnet for all you guys out there and vice versa, a guy magnet.
Car also comes with the optional Porsche color painted center caps on all 4 wheels.
This car is sold AS IS. Pre-purchase inspections welcome. Thank you and good luck bidding. Deposit required within 48 hours of your winning bid.
As you may know, 968s were galvanized and warrantied for 10 years not to rust. This 968 cabriolet sold approx. 2 years after it was displayed new at the NYC Auto Show. This means that the first owner had the 10-year galvanized warranty starting in 1996 after purchase. Porsche started the warranty at first ownership, not before. Per the records the warranty started in 1996 and ended in 2006, 10 years later. Since I purchased it in 2002, Porsche honored the warranty for me for the first 4 years of my ownership. It is now 2016 and the car still has no rust since I've owned it (2002). I have garaged the car since 2002 other than when I drove / drive it to shows.
Willing to assist with international shipping (Europe, Asia, etc.) as long as the buyer handles all the details with the shipper.
I have preserved and taken care of this car. It is a pleasure to drive and unique.