1988 Porsche 944 N/A Celebration Edition 1 of 250 made! No Reserve!
Price: US $26,500.00 Item location: Savannah, Georgia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- SubModel: Celebration Edition
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Coupe 2 Door
- Doors: 2
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 48,790
- VIN: WP0ab0942jn470796
- Color: Zermatt Silver
- Engine size: 2.5L l4 GAS 147HP
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Plaid Studio Cloth
- Options: CD Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Porsche 944 Celebration EditionReserve Has been Removed!
No Reserve....ready to sell!
Feel Free to call with any questions315-235-3236
I am proud to present a one of a kind Porsche 944. This Porsche 944 has the special designation of being the Celebration Edition orSilverAnniversary Edition. This Porsche was 1 of 250 built in Zermatt Silver in 1988 with the Celebration Edition designation.
With only 48,756 original documented miles, itcouldquite possibly be the lowest mileage Celebration Edition in the US, quite possibly the entire world. This car is so rare in fact that the Porsche Museum does not even have one in their collection.
It is all original except for a few additions. This car was a stereo delete car originally...meaning no stereo was installed by thefactory. There is a Sony CD player/Stereo currently installed. I do have the original Radio that was installed by the dealer when purchased in 1988. Door speakers were also added. The rear "Porsche" lighted logo was also added at the dealer with original purchase.
Paint is all original with the expected few minor defects. It shines as if it were new. The interior cloth takes you back to the 1980's and is fun and again all original. The dash has no cracks or blemishes. Wheels need respraying or powder coating, which is common on these cars. The wheel paint did not hold up to the brake dust.
I have chosen to leave the car as is... as original as it could be. I chose not to swap out stereos to a Blaupunkt, since this was a stereo delete 944. I also chose to leave the "Porsche" in the rear since it was installed by the dealer. This car is -- and always has been -- garaged. I take it to car shows occasionally and leave it covered in the garage 99% of the time.
This car speaks for itself and Porsches are only going up in value. 1 of 250 built for the US market in Zermatt Silver...how many surviving original Celebration Editions are remaining? Of those how many under 50,000 miles?
It is easier to own a Porsche 944 Turbo (14000 made for the US market) than this rare Silver Edition 944....only a few can be the custodian of such a rare Porsche (507 Celebration Editions made worldwide in Zermatt Silver).
You are welcome to inspect the vehicle and PPI's are welcomed.
Clean CarFax. Email me if you would like a copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timing belt changed 1k miles ago.
New in the last 6 monthsAll new Fan beltsNew Engine Oil CoolerOil Change (been driven ~250 miles since change)New BatteryNew Battery CoverNew front tiresA/C servicedDrain and flush of cooling system
History of the Celebration Edition
1988 944 "Celebration Edition"
PORSCHE CODE M757or757
By 1988 sales were falling dramatically, with the production down by nearly a third from 1987.However, this only encouraged Porsche to celebrate the 944 breaking all the company's previous sales records. To mark the 100,000th car rolling off the Neckarsulm production line, a limited edition was made available in either Zermatt Silver or Satin Black Metallic.
These Celebration models- effectively standard cars brought up to a very high specification, featured black leatherette, the attractive grey or maroon "STUDIO" cloth and silver and grey carpeting. The new split rear seat backs were included, along with automatic heating control and removable electrically tilting sunroof. Wheels were the optional 7J front and 8J rear “telephone dials”, fitted with 205/55VR16 and 225/50VR16 tires respectively. Integral fog lamps were also fitted at the front.
- Two different paintings were available: Zermatt Silver metallic and Satin Black metallic.
- Integral fog lamps at the front.
- Removable electrically tilting sunroof.
- Side strips between the wheels.
- Rear window wiper.
- Front wheels: 16" 7J telephone dials with 205/55VR16
- Rear wheels: 16" 8J telephone dials with 225/50VR16
- Black leatherette, grey 'Studio' cloth and silver grey carpeting.
- A plaque in the car. (missing)
- Split rear seats backs.
- Automatic heating control.
- Factory order number: M757
- Produced to celebrate the 100000th Porsche 944 rolling of the Neckarsulm production line.
- Production of black version: 250 to US
- Production of silver version: 250 to US
- In US it was launched as the "944 Special Edition" celebrating the 250000th Porsche 911 produced.
- Also called "944 Studio" and "944 (Silver) Anniversary".
- Priced MSRP $37,500. Equivalent to ~$70,000 in todays money!
Please contact me if you would like to set up a PPI.