1979 Porsche 928, 6-Speed
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 928
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 door, base copue
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 94,750
- VIN: 9289201039
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 4.5 liter V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Porsche 928
This is not your Father’s 928
This is a sunroof delete, manual transmission, 6-Speed.
I’m selling my 1979 Porsche 928. Due to my age and knee problems I’m parting with this amazing automobile. Here’s some information regarding this car:
The early 928 cars include the significantly lower cost of service due to the general simplicity of the original design. A huge benefit in drive time vs. shop time. Also, the engine is non-interference, meaning, if you do not do the belt on time and it lets go there isn't a $10K+ valve job in your future, just have a new belt fitted and drive away. It is a winning combination.
This one had the belt changed along with the water pump less than 2,000 miles ago (w/receipts). That was when the engine was rebuilt, new clutch put in, and yes I have the receipts for those also.
If you're in the market for a manual 928, you know how difficult it is to find one in this condition. If you've been thinking about getting one, now is the time! I believe these cars are going to take a huge leap in value in the coming years.
This cars 5-speed has been upgraded to a 2002 Corvette C5 Z06 6-speed transmission. That means it’s lighter and more durable than the original 5-speed and you have a Limited Slip 3.42 rear end and an extra overdrive gear. At 80 mph the tach is showing 2,000 rpm. 928 Motor Sports in Wisconsin did the conversion kit and my mechanic installed it. The transmission was out of a 51,000 mile Corvette (Again all receipts available).
All contact points have been cleaned and a new battery was installed last winter, along with a new air filter. A/C and heat works as the compressor had a new gasket kit installed, so no leaks. Headlights work. Always covered and garaged.
Over $25,000 in modifications to this car with receipts.
Among the many things done to the car:
- New interior, including carpeting, dashboard, all seats, suede headliner (Receipts available)
- KENWOOD AM/FM CD player
- New and reconditioned suspension components
- Rebuilt engine, new air filter (with receipts)
- Corvette 6-speed transmission (with receipts)
- Reconditioned A/C system
- New 18-inch Victor Equipment wheels with new Z-rated Michelin tires, bought two years ago, and proper wheel spacers to give it that perfect aggressive and modern stance
- Rebuilt/reconditioned parking brake system
- Borla exhaust system for a pure throaty but not excessive sound
- Changed out old leaking power steering pump and added new hoses
- New ball joints and rear lower control arm
GPS Speedometer Interface from Auto Meter gives correct MPH
- Extra ignition key
- 1979 Owners manual
-Rear seats removed making it a true hatchback with more room for luggage.
Has hidden smuggler boxes to hide things from prying eyes
Comes with a full size spare, front bra, cover,and extra relays for fuel pump, extra upper and lower radiator hoses, etc
This car is a driver, so drive it home!