Clear title in hand.
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 69,700
- VIN: 9112100112
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Porsche 9111972 Porsche 911T Sephia 69,600 original miles. Vin# 9112100112
Engine# 6120197Engine: 2.4 Liter Bosch mechanical fuel injection original to the car.Transmission: 5 Speed 915 original to the car.15 inch Fuchs wheels.
I am listing a very original time capsule car. This car has had two owners since 1972. The original owner owned the car until 2010. True Porsche 911 enthusiasts will be amazed by this car. This car has been carefully sympathetically restored to a high level of detail.It is a complete un-molested car with the necessary repair and refinishing to bring it back to its original state. This is a rare chance to own a car that has the majority of its original parts intact in exceptional condition.
The car was purchased new on 10/18/1971 at Sayers Porsche Audi in Council Bluffs, Iowa and lived its life in Omaha, Nebraska just 45 minutes away from my shop. If you look at the photo of the back window you can see the Creighton University parking sticker from 1973/1974. The 1/4 window stickers are the originals from new. That is just one of the many examples of how this car was preserved in its original state.
Carefully restored and detailed in 142 Photos I have posted in the link below.
Link to 145 Photos of Detailed Restoration Process.
Follow above link to flickr album with 142 Photos. Please review the flickr album carefully before asking questions.
As I said, I have refurbished the car as necessary to bring it back to service and to cosmetically return it to its original state, repairing or replacing only what was necessary to retain as much originality as possible. There was also attention to detail to duplicate factory finishes and use or restore as many factory parts as possible.
The following work has been completed.
Engine top end rebuild:
- Cylinder heads rebuilt by competition engineering
- Mechanical fuel injection pump and injectors by Gus at Pacific fuel injection (National MFI Expert)
- New pistons and cylinders
- All exterior engine and fuel injection hardware restored
- Replacement of timing chains and various engine accessories
- Cleaning and restoration of oil tank
- New hoses and fuel lines
- Gas tank cleaned
- All parts removed and bead blasted, then painted black or plated in their original color
- Calipers rebuilt, rotors turned, new wheel bearings installed
- New Bilstein sport shocks all around
- New tires
- Drives as it should and feels like a low milage car
- The car has had one high-quality windows-out respray, perfectly matching the original Sephia Brown.
- Front fenders were replaced with new Porsche factory replacement parts.
- The rest of the chassis required only minor repair in 3 areas; details available on request.
- ORIGINAL floors, doors, 1/4 panels, rockers, front gas tank support, and battery boxes (see the pictures in the Flikr link).
- I refinished the exterior of the car to factory appearance. I did not paint the bottom of the hood, engine lid, or inside of doors. (See the pictures.)
- I did not paint the undersides 1.) because they are very good, and 2.) to showcase the amazing original condition of this car.
- The complete interior is original - dash, seats, headliner, carpet, door coverings.
- Only cleaning there, folks. It's completely ORIGINAL except the 8-track player. Dash pad is un-cracked. All of the original upholstery is intact and present. All gauges and the clock work. It is amazing to find a car with an original interior in this good of condition.
- Damage as follows: sun fading of rear seat back carpet, one crack in the driver's seat side, one hole in the driver's seat by the seat belt. (Small stuff.)
- Some would say "good patina".
So much of this car is original. Its numbers match; the trunk perlon is factory original (the thick stuff); all of the chrome trim is original, in excellent condition, and not re-plated. It has the valet keys, original maintenance record book, a very nice tool kit, and original 2 wheel door catches. I don't believe the spare has ever touched the ground. You can drive this anywhere - now. (But you shouldn't get it dirty.) It runs extremely well and drives extremely well.
The bad: Nothing serious.
Why this is the best value in a 911T?
If you buy a $20,000 -$40,000 project car it will cost you an additional $70,000- $100,00 to make it this nice. And it will be full of aftermarket parts, non-factory welds and aftermarket sheetmetal by the time your finished.
This is an amazing chance to own an exceptional 911 in its original state that is ready to drive.
Please call 402-464-6100 for technical questions or references regarding my work.
Actual milage may vary at end of auction but will not exceed 70,000.
Shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
Car is sold as is where is, no warranty expressed or implied.
Please arrange a pre-purchase inspection to be completed before auction closing, I will transport to local Pre-purchase inspection within 50 mile radius to be carried out at your expense before auction closes.