1987 PORSCHE 944 TURBO - 5SPD - NEW ENGINE - VERY WELL TAKEN CAR OF W/RECEIPTS
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- SubModel: Turbo
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Turbo Coupe - NEW ENGINE - RECEIPTS
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 139,000
- VIN: WP0AA295XHN150773
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.5L 2475CC l4 GAS SOHC Turbocharged
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo1987 PORSCHE 944 TURBO in Black with Black Leather interior.
I bought the car from the second owner who purchased the car April of 2000. The car had over 100,000 miles at the time she purchased and based upon her receipts; her goal was to keep the car maintained very well. In 2008 the car overheated due to a blownhead gasket; the Porsche shop she had been going to recommended installing a low mileage engine out of a donor car that they had located. The cost of the repair was over $6000 as they did it correctly and replaced all the other items that should be fixed when the engine is out. New clutch, Fuel injectors, belts including timing, main and rod bearings, seals, gaskets and much more. The engine has less than 8,000 miles since all this work was performed as the ownerdidn'tdrive as much.
Repairs completed by Previous owner shown in receipts-
- New A/C compressor and converted to R134a
- New Battery
- New Hood and Hatch struts
- New Power Steering Pump
- New Koni shocks front and rear
- Steering rack bushings replaced
- Tie Rods replaced
- I just installed a New Catalytic Converter so car could pass California Smog Requirement. Passed just fine and I have Certificate
- Dash has multiple cracks - see pictures - I purchased a new dash cover from Pelican Parts which comes with the car
- Drivers seat has seam split and passenger has a few rips in leather - see pictures
- Sunroof like most 944's does not work
- Passenger Power Mirror does not work, must use manually
- It is a 29 year old car; while it has been well taken care of, it is a 29 year old original condition car.
- Car was in an accident August of 2004. The owner backed into a tree at the center of rear bumper and caused mild to moderate according to AutoCheck. I have the complete AutoCheck and can email to you.
OEM Phone Dial wheels come with the car if Buy it Now price is chosen; otherwise they are available for sale for $400 as the tires are nearly new. Car is available to see and drive; you can email me with any questions.
CAR IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE LOCALLY IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - AUCTION CAN END AT ANYTIME.On May-23-16 at 13:51:23 PDT, seller added the following information:
I am getting many questions in regard to the engine. The cost of the repair was over $6000; New clutch, Fuel injectors, belts including timing, main, cam and rod bearings, all engine seals, head and other gaskets and much more; essentially an engine rebuild. The engine was just not pulled from a donor car and installed.
Also, I forgot to mention that the odometer stopped working after the rebuild at 139,000. The car has been driven 8,000 miles since all this work was performed so the car has 147,000 miles on the body. Car drives exceptionally well, shifts very smooth, brakes very well and the turbo boost is the icing on the cake. Very nice car for a very low price.
PRICE REDUCTION TO SELL THIS WEEKEND - WAS PRICED AT $10,895 IS REDUCED TO $8895.
CHANGE IN LISTING AT THIS PRICE; OPTION OF WHEELS YOU WOULD LIKE; 18" OR OEM PHONE DIAL WHEELS, NOT BOTH. MOST OF YOU THAT CONTACTED ME STATED YOU DIDN'T WANT BOTH ANYWAYS.
I AM REDUCING PRICE ON MY LOCAL LISTINGS TOO SO CAR WILL SELL FAST.GREAT CAR, BUT MY M3 ARRIVED AND I NEED SPACE IN GARAGE. I AM SELLING AT A LOSS FOR SUCH AN BEAUTIFUL CAR.