1990 Porsche 944 Cabrio S2
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- SubModel: S2
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Cabrio S2
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 101,121
- VIN: WP0CB2947LN481607
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 3.0L 16v Ventiler
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Porsche 944 S2
1990 Porsche 944 Cabrio S2 Zyclam Red – Pearl Effect with Linen Interior. THIS CAR SCREAMS DRIVABLE MODERN DAY COLLECTIBLE CLASSIC. Just over 1800 Cabrio S2’s were produced in 1990 and just over 2300 produced between 1989 and 1991. This is a rare production car by any measure. The 944 is Porsche’s apology for the 924 and both cars saved the company from bankruptcy (911 purists cringe, but true). The 944 is everything the 924 wasn’t. The 3.0 liter, 16 V ventiler engine was only produced in the 944 S2 during 1989 through 1991. In 1992, the engine powered the 968.
The 3.0 L was loosely based on half of a 928 V8. Porsche added a counter balancer which turned the 3.0L four cylinder into a very reliable, smooth running engine. The 3.0L ventiler engine was the highest horsepower per cylinder, normally aspirated production 4 to date. It started the trend in 16 V, reliable, 4 cylinder engines. This engine routinely goes 200K miles or more when well cared for.
This 944 is a fourth proud owner 101,121 mile original car. The car was originally sold in southern California and has all the original documents. The car has lived its entire garaged life in the west. It was ordered with all factory options from Thousand Oaks Porsche.
All factory options:
· 8 way adjustable power seats
· Large tail lamp (maybe the biggest ever produced)
· Original Porsche rims (no aftermarket)
· $500 replacement boot top cover included in OEM German material
· All factory accessories (books, records, pump, spare, data sheet, tools, and plastic sheet)
· Power windows
· Power door locks
· Working Cruise control
You are bidding on a 1990 Porsche 944 S2 Cabrio. The new owner will be driving a modern day, collectible classic. When driven conservatively, gets 25 mpg+ on highway and when driven as designed, provides as much fun per mile as any sports car on the market. Drivers consistently rate the 944 as one of the best handling production cars ever produced. Drives like a go-cart!