Porsche 911 Wide Body Targa 491 Option (Turbo Look) Limited Production Orig
Price: US $41,600.00 Item location: Big Bend, Wisconsin, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- SubModel: Targa
- Type: Targa Coupe
- Trim: Turbo Look Option 491
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 87,092
- VIN: WP0EB091XGS161384
- Color: Guards Red
- Engine size: 3.2L Flat Six. Normally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
- Drive type: 2 Wheel Drive
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Porsche 911 Targa
- Genuine Factory Turbo Look Car. NOT aftermarket.
- Option 491 Turbo Look Targa with only 2 produced in 1986 (sources vary)
- Owners Manual, tool kit, jack, spare wheel tire
- Fresh head service with new valve guides and valves
- 5k mi.on new clutch
- Body and Paint are very good condition
- Interior is very good except for smalltear in rear shelf (see picture)
- Owned and cared for by a profession mechanic for the last 13 years
- No accidents
- Adult owned - NO track time
- Pampered with PRIDE of ownership
- This is an unmolested, well cared for time machine, it drives, feels and performs correctly. Gear box shifts great. No Syncro issues. The motor is strong and rock solid reliable.
- Magazine cover car and feature article car (European Car Magazine) YES, this is the actual car in the magazine.February 2002 Vol. 33 (Attached photos of actual articles)
- This Porsche 911 Wide Body Targa is a RARE machine - This Targa Model was the lowest in production of all the 491 Porsche models making it a desirable car to be in anyone's collection.
NOTES: The easiest way to verify a real M491 (besides turbo fenders) is to look at the rear brake calipers. If they are mounted toward the rear of the car and have "PORSCHE" lettering on them, they are the 930 brakes that come on the M491. the front brakes have the same lettering as well, and there will be cross-drilled brake rotors front and rear present as well.
It's essentially a 930 car with a non-turbo motor. Porsche made very few of these special examples presumably for marketing reasons for their customers who wanted the look of a 930 Turbo but not the expense of the turbo engine, hence known as the "Turbo Look" cars.
Under the hood, there was originally a sticker near the latch on the underside of the lid that list the VIN, paint and trim codes and the option codes. Look for "491" that is your verification. There will not be an "M" btw. This is the real deal.
Today, with 911 values skyrocketing, and this M491 factory widebody turbo-look Porsche represents something of a smart investment that still delivers thrilling performance that made the 911 an icon.The factory didn't build many widebody 911s, mostly because it was astronomically expensive even in Porsche terms. However, if you're going to own an '80s Carrera, you may as well get the full setup, which gives you the look of the legendary Turbo with a bit more user-friendly nature. Thisred coupe looks great blasting down the highway at supra-legal speeds, and it's a testament to the original build quality that the original paint still looks great. Please call us if you have any other questions at 262-662-4511 - This is a beautiful, rare beauty that anyone would be proud to own.
The factory didn't build many widebody 911s, mostly because it was astronomically expensive even in Porsche terms. However, if you're going to own an '80s Carrera, you may as well get the full setup, which gives you the look of the legendary Turbo with a bit more user-friendly nature. This black coupe looks great blasting down the highway at supra-legal speeds, and it's a testament to the original build quality that the original paint still looks so good. Of course, there are a few signs of use, but having been in the same owner's hands since 1991, you know that it's been treated like something special. The body-colored bumpers, "whale tail" spoiler, deeper chin spoiler, and other tweaks give it the Turbo look without the Turbo price tag and maintenance headaches, and for anyone who has loved cars, there has been a moment when something like this 911 was the ultimate dream car. Things like the black window surrounds and trim are in good condition and not baked by the sun and this is one of only a handful of cars that can pull off tinted windows without looking like it has something to hide.
On May-16-16 at 09:10:18 PDT, seller added the following information:
DUE TO LIMITED options with pictures, please contact our office. We will be happy to provide additional pictures of magazine articles etc.