968 2dr Blk/Blk Coupe 6-Speed w/LSD (RARE!!) Not 911, 993, 996, 944, M3,M6
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 968
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Coupe
- Year: 1994
- Mileage: 104,949
- VIN: WP0AA2961RS820366
- Color: Black
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1994 Porsche 968
FOR SALE – RARE 1994 Porsche 968 Blk/Blk Coupe 6-Speed MANUAL w/LSD and 17” Wheels
This car is in EXCELLENT CONDITIONwith 104,9xx miles. Those familiar with Porsche 968s know that they are increasing in value due to their rarity and amazingly balanced handling (1993 Autocar Magazine’s World’s Best Handling Car). This is the best handling car of the 924/944/968 line. I had ’89 944 turbo that I loved, but my 968 handles SO MUCH better and gives you a better ride. If you are not familiar with these cars do a quick search and you will see why they are increasing in value:
- ONLY 2,417 coupes imported to N. America in total
- ONLY 778 coupes imported to N. America in 1994
- Less than half of coupes had 6-speed manuals and very few with factory LSD (IMHO)
I’m ONLY selling this car because I recently picked up a 911 turbo on a great deal and I could not justify (to the wife) keeping this car also. Otherwise, the plan was to drive it and pass it down to my son.
The black paint is in great shape with clear protective film in the front, mirrors, and lower rocker panels. I have it professionally polished and sealed twice a year by a well known detailing shop that doesn't use cheap products that wash off in a week. I recently installed a front lower splitter that also has the protective film.
The black leather interior is in great shape. As you can see in the pictures, I have seat chaps just so the leather does not get worn. I don’t like full seat covers but I wanted to protect the seats and thought the neoprene chaps were a good compromise. They can easily be removed but come with the car.
The DASH HAS NO CRACKS!! This is almost unheard of in Porsches of this age but my car has always been garaged and I put up a sunshade when I park it outside.
This is a RARE car because of the following option combination:
- Style: Coupe
- Color: Black/Black (most sought color combination)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual with factory LSD (Option Code 220)
- Wheels: 17-Inch Factory Turbo Cup wheels with painted Porsche Crests
Over time, I’ve made a couple tasteful upgrades:
- Electric Power Steering pump conversion
- Front Air-Box Modification with K&N Air Filter
Since I drove this car quite a bit and enjoy driving with music, I had a custom audio system installed. This was a long and well thought through system as I wanted great balanced sound quality but wanted it to look factory installed.
Audio System (can provide more info upon request)
- Alpine CD Head Unit with HD Radio & iPhone Adapter
- Alpine Digital Sound Processor (Custom tuned and time balanced)
- MBQuart “Q-line” 3-way speakers in custom door enclosures (See pictures)
- Alpine Digital Amplifiers (high efficiency & low weight)
- Boston Acoustics PRO subwoofers in hidden enclosure
The rest of the car is also in great shape and has services have always been kept up. Oil changes were done with full synthetic oil and an OEM oil filter every 3k miles. Ipreviously used Mobil1 but last few years with AMSOIL Euro after Mobil1 changed their formulation. At 74K miles, the clutch, pilot and fork bearings were replaced and transmission was extensively serviced. There is no drivetrain whine. Since then I’ve haven’t had any issues with the car.
Everything works except interior temp gauge only shows Celsius. It has a 2-way alarm system with two remotes. I have been a Porsche owner for over 20 years and I take pride in all my vehicles.
Please ask questions before bidding. I can email a recent (from 3/2016) CarFax or you can buy the latest version. I am a 100% eBayer and have sold one other vehicle (2004 Mercedes S500 4MATIC) on eBay so please bid with confidence. Buyer is responsible for shipping. I reserve the right to end this auction early in the event I find a buyer outside eBay.
Factory Codes from Car Option Plate:
C02 – Catalytic Converter
139 – Heated Driver’s Seat
220 – Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
331 – AM/FM Cassette (Replaced by Alpine CD Unit)
340 – Heated Passenger Seat
423 – Cassett Container & Coin Box
425 – Rear Wiper (Removed but still have complete assembly)
454 – Cruise Control
490 – HiFi Sound System (Replaced with “Higher”-Fi Sound System)
650 – Sunroof