Porsche 911E 911 912 Mechanical Fuel Injection Sportomatic Aircooled
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- SubModel: 911
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 911E (Fuel Inhected
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 86,010
- VIN: 9111121894
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.2L
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Sportomatic Clutchless Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Porsche 911 911
Offered for your consideration is a 1971 PORSCHE 911E (2.2 liter) with 86,000 original miles. It is a matching numbers car and has been in the same ownership for the last 20 years. As you can see in pictures, it has been driven, but it has been well taken care of. The same mechanic has been repairing it for the last 7 years or so. It has the rare but infamous Sportomatic transmission that is a clutch-less manual; rare because most cars have been converted to a manual transmission for ease of maintenance. It also has the sweet running original fuel injected engine. The car is not currently running due to transmission issues.
I am selling this for my friend's widow. He was hell bent on keeping his car original and was sourcing all the parts needed to rebuild the transmission when he suddenly passed away. The engine and transmission is currently off the car; everything is stored at the Porsche repair shop. We are selling it as-is. I can arrange to view the car with an appointment.
- Matching numbers car.
- It has the original unmolested, unopened (as far as we know) engine which is becoming a rarity in the classic Porsche market and themechanical fuel injection is original andfully functional.
- Car is one of the few unmolested long hood Porsches left with the original Sportomatic transmission. Quirky or not, this car needs to be preserved because it is part of Porschehistorywith very few original Sportomatic cars left on God’s green earth! It was Porsche’s very first attempt to make an automatic transmission starting in 1969 and it worked wellwhen kept in fine fettle.
- It has a decent fiberglass RSR wide body conversion along with a whale tail and it is RED!!
- The interior is upgraded to a late model 911 including seats with much better ergonomics. It is again red.
- Momo sprot steering wheel.
- Car is never crashed or damaged and we have a clear title in hand (title transferred in 2016 in widow’s name)
- Good brakes and all other ancillaries according to the mechanic who worked on this car for the last few years. Service records are available for the last 20 years or so.
- Overall a very good candidate to put back together and restore to original given the skyrocketing appreciation long hoods are enjoying in the recent past.
- It has the factory sunroof and all glass is in good shape too.
- Did I mention it isREDinside and out??!!!
- The transmission had an issue where it would only shift between first and second gears; it would not shift to third or fourth. However the car ran on 1 and 2 gears when taken apart a year ago. The issue is with the pneumatic actuator according to the mechanic. There are quite a few rebuilt pneumatic actuators on ebay as we speak but procuring one has been a problem at one time. The other option again will be to convert it into a 901 5-speed manual which is what most people did to these cars anyway. In any case, it makes sense to save the original transmission. Given the desirability of these cars, the day will come when people will be scrambling to find one and that is when the Sportomatic should be installed back.
- The motor has developed the dreaded 8th main oil leakage from behind the crank pulley for the last couple of years and it has been fixed reasonably well with the aluminum sleeve solution. It still seeps and need a quart of oil every few thousand miles.
- The fiberglass body kit is professionally installed but an original matching numbers car like this would have been much more valuable if it had the original steel body and bumpers. To those who know 911s, it is a relatively easy conversion back should you procure the bumpers and fenders. Bolt on for the most parts.
- Once again the leather interior is from a newer Porsche and is not original to this car. I was told that the original parts are saved somewhere, but since we cannot find them, it is not included in sale.
My friend bought this elfer as soon as he could afford one; he babied it since he was going to keep it forever. He was a meticulous owner who took great care of his toys. Look at the Corvette and Harley we have up for sale. The Porsche was never tracked and was taken out only in good weather. Non-smoker and No pets. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Please bid to win. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due via PayPal within 24 hours of winning the auction. The balance is payable within 5 days by wire transfer unless prior arrangements are made. The vehicle will not leave my possession before full payment is received. The car has to be towed and the engine and transmission would have to be shipped on a pallet or picked up at the repair shop. Alternately, you can get the engine and transmission installed at the shop for a fee. Shipping is the sole responsibility of the new owner.